1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 mpg files to one dvd - TMPGEnc freezes!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by keeper321, Sep 12, 2004.

1. keeper321

keeper321 Member

I have 3 mpg-files alright (1 movie splitted up i 3 parts). I want to make them dvd-"friendly" with TMPGEnc Plus 2.5. See I plan to Author them in TMPGEnc DVD Author. But when I choose the source file in TMPGEnc Plus it freezes. In other words, I am unable to convert the files to dvd-format. Do u understand my problem? Now i wonder if there's another way to do this as smooth as possible.

2. negatyve

negatyve Member

WinAVI would be the quickest and smoothest way to convert a movie to dvd format. You may also want to try tmpgenc xpress. TMPGEnc would typically give an error if the files are bad, so try those other 2 programs. Also you should watch the mpeg's to see if you see bad frames (highly artifacted & what not). I'm not sure what else,

I'm pretty much a novice and not too good with advanced conversions but if you keep freezing up instead of getting an error you could possibly have bad memory. You might want to head over to http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1565 for a little article on bad memory and links to free testing utilities.