1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 Questions...

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by OmriSama, May 31, 2007.

1. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Your system is in dire need of massive updates.

Most of it, hardware. Your system is running the minimum physical hardware needed for XP back in 2001.

FEAR isn't going to run well at all with onboard graphics, and I wouldn't advise running that game on anything less the nVidia's 6800 series, or ATI's X800 series AGP graphics cards.

Your system is sharing the physical memory with the onboard video. 8MB of shared memory isn't going to play any of today's games. So that's entirely out of the question.

Your system memory is only 256MB. Today's minimum specs is 1GB. I'm willing to bet that the system's max specifications is only 2GB...so you can go that route as well.

But.....keep in mind your budget. Nowadays, the same dollar you spend on updating an older system...matches the same dollar that can go to updating the entire system. A decent built, DX10 compatible computer can be done for just under $1,500...or a fast DX9 computer for around $900.

3. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

i don't know. I was always looking for the ultimate computer. Something cheap and very good, but PC gaming SUCKS.

I looked in fry's and everything that is actually good costs more than a PS3 >_> why do PC's cost so much for god's sake?!?!?!

4. Moomoo2

Moomoo2 Regular member

PC gaming is expensive because computers can do bundles more than consoles can. Plus, you're buying stuff for a PC that is relatively new if you want a good one, so it's "newness" factor makes it expensive.

Your computer is a laptop right? So you can't exactly go and update it. If you want to play F.E.A.R or whatnot and don't want to buy a new PC, go ahead and play it on a 360 or a PS3. They're fully capable.

Also... You should have probably kept your thread in only one forum. It's sortof annoying to have it in both of them.

--Moomoo2

5. xaznboitx

xaznboitx Regular member

That Memory size is way too slow. I Also have : Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver. But running at 1GB. I'm running 2 512 dual channel memory sticks. I still have room for TWO more. MHz both running at 865(I think)

Anyway, try to upgrade the pc unless the pc is very old and that its inpossiable to upgrade the pc.

My parents bought me 1,200.00 pc comes with everything.
    I pay 200.00 and they pay the rest.

This pc was bought last year, Jan 6th 2006. It was a Christmas After sale special. I wish I had waited. New processor came out after. I have that Penitum D.

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  6. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Weird. I mean, halo works good and MGS dosen't.