1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 Red Lights - Help Needed

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by QuenteK25, Aug 10, 2007.

1. QuenteK25

QuenteK25 Member

Ok...I bought my 360 about 6 months ago on a local classifieds site so I don't have a receipt or anything. It's been great, but just yesterday I got the three red lights and it's not working at all. So am I screwed or will they let me return it to be fixed for free with the new warranty extension on all boxes?

Oh and this is my unmodded box that I go on live with...in case that matters.

What would you all recommend?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  2. budro

budro Regular member

well, if the warranty sticker is intact, then contact Microsoft, explain your situation and ask for a reference # if they say that they'll repair it, that way they'll stick to their word.

if the warranty sticker isn't intact, I would recommend the x clamp modification. google it, it's all over the place ;)

3. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Warranty sticker doesnt matter and you dont need a receipt.Go here service.xbox.com and request a repair.You wont even have to call them now :)

4. QuenteK25

QuenteK25 Member

Thanks guys, I actually ended up needing to call, but won't in the future. The guy had it registered in his name before, luckily I still had his contact info and we were able to transfer the registration to me. Repair is now pending.

5. budro

budro Regular member

really? cuz my friend had the three red lights, and he had taken off his sticker because his warranty had just ended and they haden't exteneded to to 3 years yet, and he sent his in and they sent it back unrepaired

but that's sweet quente, i'm glad they're fixing it :D

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  6. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Same thing happend to me but I didnt know what to do with my 360.Then luckily MS changed the warranty to 3 years I called them up and sent it in with no sticker.Got a replacement in 20 days so everything went well with me

7. budro

budro Regular member

that's exactly what my friend did, they still sent it back... that's weird. maybe he should try again before we x clamp mod it...