1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 red lights of death, but the warranty sticker only slightly scratched

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by flowfast, May 4, 2007.

1. flowfast

flowfast Regular member

ok my xbox is fw flashed blah blah blah... and im still under warranty.

the warranty sticker is put back on and is in the perfect spot, BUT the problem is that it has slight scratches on the sticker itself. I can see a couple specs grey under the m$ logo but it does not look that bad. It does not look like it has been moved at all just some tiny scratches, but they are visible.

My question is should I send it in to m$? please I need some advice. Thank you

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  2. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

The warranty sticker should normally not be a problem to worry about,they mostly never remove the faceplate to check it,also your console is still under warranty,so another reason more they will just take it back without checking.

But if you return your console to MS,do not expect to get a brand new console in return or your same own console back,they will surely give you a refurbished one which with a very high probability will die on you very soon.

So,what you can do,is to try to sell it on ebay for example,mentioned as broken/damaged console,get back some couple of bucks from the sales and you add some little more to buy yourself a brand new one.That would be the wisest thing to do!Now up to you.

Vincent.

3. flowfast

flowfast Regular member

thanx for the response.

I just tried the towel trick and it worked lol. Anyway I hear thats temperary at best so.

at least im playing Test Drive for the moment!!