1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 red lights on my 360 but no error message

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by resifreak, May 29, 2007.

1. resifreak

resifreak Member

hey guys just asking for a few opinons if possible

my mates 360 gave the 3 lights and been 2 months so we decided to have a look inside and see what was going on inside (cus it was outta warrentee anyways) and well inside the inside lid theres a large area thats got what i think is heatseek compound burnt onto the lid of the 360 so i was wondering is there anyway i could help him fix this or is it now a £280 door stop? any help would be appriated :) thanks in advance guys

2. resifreak

resifreak Member

hey guys just asking for a few opinons if possible

my mates 360 gave the 3 lights and been 2 months so we decided to have a look inside and see what was going on inside (cus it was outta warrentee anyways) and well inside the inside lid theres a large area thats got what i think is heatseek compound burnt onto the lid of the 360 so i was wondering is there anyway i could help him fix this or is it now a £280 door stop? any help would be appriated :) thanks in advance guys ...... sorry also just wanted to add would it be worth tryin to re compound it or just throw it at someone :p

3. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

you could try to redo the compound, but if you want to throw it at someone my arms are always open lol. :)

4. resifreak

resifreak Member

lol i didnt mean in that sense but can't blame ya ;) how simple would it be to compound do you think ? but if its fried would you say its dead?

5. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

it shouldnt be too hard, there are tutorials on it somewhere, just google xbox 360 heatsink compound

6. resifreak

resifreak Member

cheers whats the success rate ya think?

7. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

probably 50-50. dont know if thats what your problem is but if thats it then it will fix it for sure.

8. resifreak

resifreak Member

i guess its worth trying whats a £10 if it helps the xbox