1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 Red Lights, Sometimes it will play, and then freezes

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by koolyoe, Nov 22, 2007.

1. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

My 360 just gave me 3 red lights, after having it for about 8months.
    I erstarted it lkike 10 times then it would come on and i could play for a while then it would freeze. so i had to restart it and then 3 red lights again, restartede it about 3 times, then it started playing BUT it was still showing the 3 red lights. when i went to laod the game it froze. So i restartede it and now my start up screen is all checkered out.
    so now when i try to play a game it just freezes.

Of course it is modded, i have taken the xbox apart, so no warranty, and i have replaced the old fan lights, with new blue LED light fans. along time ago, so thats not the problem. so any ideas on how to fix this or on what I should do would be helpful.

Happy Holidays

2. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

theres a guide on www.360mods.net on something u can do with a heat gun i beleve... its not a permananet fix though... If/when u get a new machine use a hair dryer or something to get the sticker off

3. phate316

phate316 Member

fixing the red ring of death is no more difficult than modding the firmware loose the x clips on back get 3 packs of 10mm screws washers and locking nuts unscrew the screw in fittings in the heat sinks, cut the fins off of the smaller aluminium hs around the screw holes, drill 10mm holes in the large metal heat shield and bolt it together its a bit of hit n miss as to the levels u have to use but the washers pack everything perfect, checkout other threads for a more consise diagram bt it works perfectly