1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 red lights

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Loochy323, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Loochy323

Loochy323 Regular member

So i finally got the 3 red lights on a modded console. :( 2 questions.

Will microsoft be able to detect that the drive has been flashed and return it because of a void warranty?

I was having some problems with the laser, unreadable discs, backups worked only some of the time. Could the drive be the problem, if so I ordered a new one and i can replace it.

So what I'm trying to find out is, replace the drive, or send it to microsoft.

-Thanks

2. Loochy323

Loochy323 Regular member

BTW, i bought mine modded, so i cant flash it. Could they remove the mod?

3. StanLane

StanLane Guest

Most people on the boards say that MS will send you a new or refurb one even if you send them a flashed one. I'd send it to MS.

4. neworder

neworder Member

yes, that's what I am about to do now, the thing is that I took out my x-clamp mod, and put the old x-clamps on, my console is working again no matter how I abuse it, I just can't get the RROD come on demand.

I am sure the problem will come again. but I think I will send it in. I already got the empty box they send.

5. Loochy323

Loochy323 Regular member

cool, thanks for the feedback.