1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

30 gb ipod classic is it all gone or isnt it?

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by knfusd, Sep 5, 2011.

1. knfusd

knfusd Regular member

I have a 30 gb ipod classic that I recently put a new album on. But after diconnecting it it wouldnt show my music on it. Then when it finally came back on it had no music or the movie that I had on it. Now it wont connect to Itunes or sharepod. My question though is simple is everything that I had on it erased, ormight it still be there. and if so what would I need to do to get access back to those files since Im sharing a computer and dont have access to Itunes in my own name. Thanks for any insight!!

2. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

sometimes this happens when you use third party stuff. my guess is that the music is still on there. I haven't had an iPod classic for years, but if you show hidden folders, should be able to locate the music on your device in the F01, F02, F03 etc folders which apple creates.

I can be a little more specific if you tell me your operating system and the generation iPod you have..

3. knfusd

knfusd Regular member

i'm using a vista machine, as for the ipod I believe it's a third generation 30 gb video classic though i'm not positive

4. Mez

Mez Active member

Sharepod shouldn't do any damage. Can you see the ipod as a disk? If so Lethal_B advice will work. If you can't see it itunes may have done something and you may be screwed.