1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

300 XMB theme?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by fuke, Aug 9, 2007.

1. fuke

fuke Member

Good day to all!! just want to have some help here regarding on how to put XMB theme in PSP.. Actually, i have 3.40OE-A right now. i downloaded OWFX Ultimate Themepack FINAL.rar in PSP-hacks site. after i downloaded it, i try to install the 300 XMB theme. First thing i did was, correct me if im wrong, i connect my PSP via USB cable to my PC and i went to recovery mode and toggle usb flash0.Right? and then in my pc i went to folder VSH and then i tried to paste the files from 300 themepack.. the problem is that, theres an error coming out and says 'INSUFFICIENT DISK SPACE' but i have 4gigs memory stick..how come its insufficient? is this file has a very big size?please reply..thanks and Godbless!!!

2. shanemb

shanemb Regular member

yes you are right, but its vhs and then resource folder and your memory stick has nothing to do with it,its all internal with flash0, make sure you backup your flash0 before starting,just copy and past the hole lot somewhere safe on your computer,now with the 300 theme,some of the files might be to big to replace the original theme, so try putting another one on and if it works then over right it with the 300 theme

3. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

OR...you could use flash agent and/or do some research first on how to free up space in flash0 before you end up with an expensive paperweight on your hands! Would hate to see you have to start another thread saying that your psp wont turn on now because you were trying to put a custom theme on it and you think you may have deleted files that you weren't supposed to....Flash0 is serious business if you dont know what you are doing...Thats your psp's lifeline...Another option you have is to use CXMB, its a plugin that allows you to run a custom theme from your memory stick,and does not touch flash-so no need to worry about it..

4. fuke

fuke Member

---------------------------------------------------------------

May i know where can i find CXMB? actually i already backed up my flash0 coz i know its very important.. thanks and Godbless!!!

5. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

CXMB can be found HERE... enjoy!

6. fuke

fuke Member

-------------------------------------------------------------------

one more thing sir, i already know how to flash it to flash0://kn and add /kd/cxmb.prx but where can i find this file "/kd/vshctrl.prx in flash0:/kn/pspbtcnf.txt"?

7. fuke

fuke Member

why cant i add a new folder in my flash0? it says "cant create new folder...disk is full"... how come i have a 4gigs mem stick and as far as i know, theres nothing to do with memory stick? am i right?

thanks and Godbless!!!

8. shanemb

shanemb Regular member

you can only replace existing files in the resource folder,as i said before try another xmb other than 300 theme,some of the files may be to big,check the file sizes that you are replacing in your resource folder, and go through your OWFX and try finding ones the same size,then it should work.

9. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

I guess I dont know exactly what you are trying to do, but you are going to end up bricking your psp at the rate you are going! The CXMB folders (TM & seplugins) goes on your memory stick so you can run custom themes from it and not have to mess with your internal psp memory (flash0)...But you really should not even be in the KD or the KN folders at all in flash0- And why are you trying to add folders in flash0 anyway?? there is no need for that...I would strongly recommend you doing some more research on "freeing up space in flash0" before you go any further...You obviously do not know what you are doing...flash0 and memory stick are NOT the same...The reason you cant put a custom theme in your internal memory (flash0) and you keep getting a "disk full" error is because you have not taken the necessary steps to free up space first..