1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3001 ps2 spinning/laser problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by quenton, Mar 18, 2007.

1. quenton

quenton Member

My ps2 was working fine last night. When I was trying to play Bully (got it yesterday) the ps2 had problems at one of the loading screens. So thinking that the laser was dirty, I went ahead and cleaned the laser with a q-tip. I didn't loosen any ribbons nor did I crank the white spindle that controls the laser's strength.

When I tried to load the game again, I noticed that the disc wasn't spinning. Upon closer examination, I found that the ps2 only spun a little at the beginning then gave up. Even with no media present.

The werid thing is that the laser itself moves around and does the pulsating thing like it's trying to read the disc but I noticed that there is not read light present to actually read the disc.

If anyone has any idea on how to fix my ps2 I would greatly appreciate it. If not thanks anyway.

2. mdoubleok

mdoubleok Member

i have the same problem been looking for a solution