1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

300Gb HDD upgrade problems on 1.6

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by MidniteJ, Mar 20, 2005.

1. MidniteJ

MidniteJ Member

I have a v. 1.6 board with a Xenium Ice chip, Evox M8_16 bios, and a 300Gb hard drive. I don't know what I am doing wrong, but the bios only recognizes 123Gb on the drive under the "F" parition. When I was going through the upgrade wizard, I told it to partition it between F and G but only the F drive seems to be working. I checked the settings in DVD2Xbox to make sure that F and G are enabled and they both are. To my understading, I thought that the Evox M8 bios was the only bios that will currently work with a 1.6 board. Will the Evox M8 not support anything over 123Gb or am I doing something wrong? Please let me know. I appreciate everyone's support on this forum.

2. p3r4mer

p3r4mer Member

There's a special EvoX BIOS for hard drives larger than, I think, 139Gb or whatever your'z is only reconizing. I think it is called EvoX M8 BIOS g patch or something alongs teh lines of that. I would give you teh specific name but for some reason "the usual place" doesn't host EvoX BIOS's any longer. So just look for the EvoX BIOS with the g patch. There are a few other places online where you find it.

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

just use evtool and select it in the settings when you flash/reflash the bios. As far as I know.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2005