1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

320x240 .wmv files to dvd? possible to make clear on tv?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by boom38, Apr 18, 2005.

1. boom38

boom38 Member

I have several clips in .wmv format and are 320x240 in pixels. I burnt these to a dvd and they are distorted just like when you make them larger on your computer monitor. Is there any way I can burn these to a DVD and fit to the tv and not have them blurry? Let me know. Help is appreciated.

Thanks

2. gibney85

gibney85 Member

No, their resolution is 320 * 240 and once you expand them there always going to be blurry, plus .wmv is a shit compressed format. Unfortunatly, you cant really do anything to improve the quality of the actual clips but in future you could look for larger resolution clips and .mpg format(at least, there is better but .mpg will do)

I burn alot of music videos to VCD's to play on a DVD player. For the video to appear very decent ie. no pixelation or choppy-ness when displayed full screen on a tv, I use the rule of thumb, where the video uses 17+ MB per minute of video anything less and its gonna look choppy. Of course, that is a very general statement. lots of other factors come into play like frames per second, kilobits per second, compression type, initial and compressed resolution etc etc

3. boom38

boom38 Member

this may sound like a stupid question but, how do you find out how many MB per minute the video is.

4. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Total File Size(MB)/Total Video Time(Minutes)= MB per Minute