1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

321 platimum movie freezes or breaks up 1 hour into play

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by TonyB49, Feb 18, 2004.

1. TonyB49

TonyB49 Member

No anti virus running, all spywear off no defrag going. using plextor 708-A and sony 530-A plextor is the master. Softwear said burn complete sucessfully. The last 15 - 20 mins freezes any idea or suggestions.
    loaded latest firmwear for plextor 1.04

2. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

r u talking bout it freezing in your standalone or pc?
    if it's a standalone try different media or formats, eg, philips players like dvd+r media better. Also try different programs, my old player liked discs burnt with clone and nero but not Xcopy.

Good Luck

3. TonyB49

TonyB49 Member

Damon1

Thank-You for your help, you were right on with DVD Media as the possible cause Of my rippers only recording 1 hour into the dvd burning. To ans. your question about where this was occuring, both stand-alone and my PC were having the same problem: Freeze after 1 hour of burning. Since I made this move to alter the meida now(Memorex DVD+RW 4X), I have had (4) straight successful burns last night.
    Hardware Inv: Plextor 708-A Master / Sony 530 as CSL on the same ribbon.
    Ripper Software Inv: 321 Plat. / DVD Shrink / DVD desypher/ Nero Suite ver 6.0.3 and until your suggestion, nothing worked. Thank-you everything works now having a ball!!!!

4. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

Glad to help.
    Happy Burning!

And as ScubaPete would say:

Welcome to the Club.

5. ispy

ispy Regular member

Sounds like a media problem to me ,I had the same with DVDEXCopy EXPRESS on Mirror brand -Rs after looking on media thread changed to Ritek GO4.Yippee no more coasters in 62 burns!. Ispy