1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

340oeEasy.exe

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by EdRooney, Jul 4, 2007.

1. EdRooney

EdRooney Member

Has anyone got any experience using this upgrader?

I believe it is as simple as Plug and Play (exactly what I am ... Simple... wantign to Plug and Play!!!)

I found this link.... http://www.digital-forums.com/showthread.php?p=2233508 but wasnt sure if the program is safe and reliable?

Thank you

Ed

2. jonnymint

jonnymint Member

seems ok, but just to be sure, you'd be looking for a 3.40 oe easy installer right? if so just google it, a trusted site is sure to pop-up.

3. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

4. EdRooney

EdRooney Member

And there was me thinking I was getting somewhere !!!

I followed the link to the EasyOE and downloaded it etc etc.

I formatted my Memory Stick with My PSP but then when I ran EasyOE, i presume I was right on running it from PC NOT from PSP...., I got an error message of STREAM READ ERROR.

I closed the error box and there was an install box behind it BUT because of the error I did NOT click install !!!!

Is this normal?

I am i nthe process of re downloading the EasyOE in case there was a problem the first time.

Thanks

Ed

5. EdRooney

EdRooney Member

OK Guys I finally sorted it.

I had downloaded the 340oeEasy.exe (7MB) file but for some reason I got a THREAD READ ERROR so I followed the links again to the Dark_Alex download and downlaoded that file, interestingly enough this file was 18MB!!!

I ran the installer, NO Error .... I then started the point of no return !!!! I watched with pain as every % complete passed... my heart thumping stronger... and YEAAAAA Success !!!!

I managed to work out that in the MEM stick I need a folder called PSP and a folder called ISO (which is where I put ISO and CSO files) andI also have a sub folder in the PSP folder called GAME. (x:/PSP/GAME) not sure if I need that though.

I am now curious about whether or not I need the recovery installer because when hold R shoulder button as I power up I get into the recovery console.... do I take it the latest 340oeEasy.exe file from Dark_Alex includes all the recovery stuff too?

Thank you so much everyone involved for ALL the patience.

If I in turn can be of help to anyone then please PM me I would be only to pleased to assist all the Noobz and Panicky people like me!!!

Cheers guys... Im off to play my backed up games!

Ed

6. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

To make your life easy, first format your memory stick with the psp. It'll create all the folders you'll ever need.

The recovery settings are all built-in. So you will have access of it right away. You won't need to get anything else.