1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 and forza 2

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mattym123, Jul 11, 2007.

1. mattym123

mattym123 Regular member

Hi I was reading on a forum about forza 2 issues, it said that many problems happen cause of overheating, My 360 has gotton really hot many times and none of the games have skipped or frozen, why is this??, I have games like cod 3, cod 2, oblivion and gears of war, some of them were mentioned in the forum, i havent put forza 2 in my 360 yet, i might later, though, does anyone know why this is, here is the forum:

http://digg.com/xbox_360/Mass_Xbox_360_crashing_Forza_2_forum_gets_over_900_replies?offset=51

2. steimy

steimy Active member

That is a new one on me. I have heard of the 360 overheating and having hardware issues. But i have never heard anyone claim that it was the games fault that this happened. I think it is a large load of junk if you ask me. The 360 has the issues, not the game you put in it. I have played Forza 2 many times with no problems.

3. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  4. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

5. steimy

steimy Active member

no offense, but just because people post it doesn't make it true.
    Look at all the banning posts where people will swear they were banned for playing a certain game, once again that is all rumor and no proof. and the number of posts doesn't matter since most threads like that are 18 or more pages of pure speculation. I can almost bet you that for every one person who said Forza crashed their 360, you can find 3 people who will say they had no problems.

I have had Forza since the day it was released in the US, and have had no ill effects from playing it. I have never once even had the game freeze on me. Rainbow Six Vegas i have freeze on me about once a month playing online. I have to shut the console down. It may have just been a coincidence that they game they played made the 360 work harder, and therfore heat up too much and crash. Like the extra strain a high graphics game like GTA use to put on the PS2. Some lasers that were not quite as strong as others just had major problems playing it, or even burned out.

So until people can produce some hard facts, you can not beleive everything you read. So what was this proof that you spoke of?
    "And I showed proof that is does...whether or not YOU don't want to believe that, it doesn't change the FACT it is documented in helping to break 360's."

If there is hard evidence i have no problems saying that i was mistaken.

6. theridges

theridges Guest

i dunno but i think it does really push the GPU so the game might make it hot...
    i remember reading that the people over at the forums for Forza even moved the thread that said thegame was messing up there consoles...
    but all in all i think people aren't listening and have there systems in a cramped hot spot.

7. Oner

I had an actual personal experience in this happening to my friends 360 with Forza the day he put it in. That to me is proof enough but either way I will go on. Your comment about

"So until people can produce some hard facts, you can not beleive everything you read."

Again just because YOU don't want to believe the FACTS that MS had tried to cover something up well then you are being blind and ignorant. This is not some "rumor" as you put it, if it was just a "rumor" and not based in truth then why would MS try to hide it? That is all the proof that should be needed.

8. Oner

Additionally, I am not saying that 100% of the time it is Forza's fault (since we know there is a hardware deficiency in the 360) but it EXACERBATES the problem THUS the game DOES cause issues.

9. theridges

theridges Guest

Glad i Dont like them games lol....

10. mattym123

mattym123 Regular member

I got a few questions for you all,

Do you think that forza 2 is bricking 360's because of the in-game glitches?, And Does anyone have a NME 1.2, Globe 360 etc.. chip in their 360 and having probblems with the game???

11. steimy

steimy Active member

Oner, i don't want you to think this is some sort of personal attack on you or anything, i just have read so much mis-information about bricked systems and banned systems i am just sick to death of them. Because there is never any real proof.

Sure MS would try to hide threads like that, most companies would. It is like bad word of mouth about their system. It is not saying that it is true or untrue. They just do not want people seeing all the bad things written about them which could give them a bad reputation and hurt sales of both their system and the game, especially if it were not true or could not be proven.

The 360 has problems, everyone knows that. MS will ban you for playing on Live with a modded system, everyone knows that as well. But as for what, where, and why it happens. That is 90% speculation and 10% real hard facts.

mattym123,
    as you can see by the thread there is no real way to tell if playing Forza 2 in your 360 (flashed, chipped or stock) will do anything to it. Like playing online with a modded system, you either risk it or you don't. Choice is yours.

12. Oner

Hey Steimy, I'm not upset at all and do appologize if it comes off that way but I too am sick and tired (as you) when it comes to the way consumers (mainly children & unassuming parents) are treated in this situation (by hardware failures caused by the system or game). As well as the way people kinda brush off the documented problems the 360 has.

As for the Bans, I agree. That is part of "the game"...you want a hacked system then you have to deal with the consequences of doing so. I just don't agree on the situation being "untrue, mis-informed and with no proof". The proof is there and I have seen it with my own eyes. Also why would a company extended warranties (twice) if there was no problem? That in itself is an admission by guilt.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  13. steimy

steimy Active member

Oh, i am 100% sure MS knows they have a major hardware problem, seeing that it cost them in the billions fixing them under warranty last year, and even more now that they have extended the warranty to try to save their reputation among consumers and keep people interested in buying their product. People like me who are slightly more informed about the situation know that a lot of the time it is not a matter of IF it will happen, but a matter of WHEN.
    Like living on borrowed time so to speak, just waiting for you time to come. Same thing goes for playing Live with a modded system. The axe will eventually come down.

And Owner, i do not take the posts personally, it is just healthy discussion. I just didn't want you to think i was personally attacking you or the way that you saw this latest of many 360 tragedies.