1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 backup question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by aolsucks2, Sep 26, 2007.

1. aolsucks2

aolsucks2 Member

can i backup my origional games by... the flashing mode?

e.g. i open my xbox connect it to my pc and open slax2 ... and get it into mode B so my pc reads the drive and it comes up on my pc.

now when my pc knows the drive if i open up Xbox Backup Creator and select my drive then click start!

will it backup the game to my pc and will the game then be "stealth patched" for xbox like

i read that if you backup using that they will be patched?

will this work and will it be patched ? anyone?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

read the tutorials at the top of this forum section.

Personally it is much, much easier just to spend $50 and buy a Samsung SH-D162C (IDE) or SH-D163A (SATA) DVD Rom drive flashed with Kreon firmware.

With that you can back up games really simple in a matter of 15-20 minutes an they will always be stealth.

3. aolsucks2

aolsucks2 Member

yeah im trying to buy one of them drives but will they still be patched if i use my 360 drive

4. steimy

steimy Active member

not sure, never use one. I bought the Samsung as soon as i knew i was getting a 360 so i could back up my $60 a piece (ripoff..cough..cough) games.

5. aolsucks2

aolsucks2 Member

ahhh fair enough well yeah im trying to buy a drive so i dont need to open my 360 all the time but ima try it.

thanks for the replys

6. steimy

steimy Active member

about the only place you can get hem is at Ebay these days as they no longer make them. So get one while you can because once the supply is gone there is no more. Unless of course they make a firmware for a newer drive.