1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 Burn Errors

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by antsmalls, Dec 20, 2007.

1. antsmalls

antsmalls Regular member

I have copied a backup plenty of times. However, I waste 15 DVD+R DL (Philips Brand) trying to copy Ass...'s Creed.

I have no idea whats going on, but I noticed that the .iso file is opening like a DVD (AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS) when .iso files normally says "The archive is either in unknown format or damage"

You know what I mean when you try to open an .iso with Winrar

Please shed some light on the situation.

2. Midnite0

Midnite0 Guest

You wasted 15 DL disks???? Wow man, after like 2, you should have realized there was a problem. My suggestion is for you to buy a Samsung drive to rip games, instead of downloading them, so much easier.

3. BrokexMan

BrokexMan Regular member

may i say "idiot" but yes u dont need to open the iso because the iso can't be viewed, simply put for xbox 360 games u dont burn the iso u burn the dvd file...if you dont have on you create on urself with notepad putting in the layerbreak etc etc..

are u kidding? 15 is a lot 45 minutes each..u got a lot of spare time!

hope that helps

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  4. antsmalls

antsmalls Regular member

Midnite0 - With the Samsung drive, what are the steps to burning?

BrokexMan - I don't sit at my computer all day. I hit burn and go about my business. When I come back home and see an error message, I'll hit burn again leave.

5. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

if you get the samsung drive that is already flashed with the kreon firmware, the steps are simple....

1. download and install xbox back creator (v2.7 is the latest, i think)
    2. open xbc
    3. insert game into kreon flashed drive
    4. press "start"

that's it. it creates an .iso and .dvd file. use imgburn to burn the .dvd file.

6. BrokexMan

BrokexMan Regular member

it creates a dvd..mines only create the iso..um...

i dont sit at my computer all day also, just i like to solve my problems when they occur...im having issue extracting..rather than buring

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  7. bs2713

bs2713 Member

Can someone please help me with burning the XBOX 360 Games onto the DVD+R DL. I have read many threads and followed all the instructions but no matter what I do I still get that screen which says "To Play that disk you need to put it in the Xbox 360 Console" in many languages.

I have downloaded the game. I have 2 files after I unzip it. 1 is an ISO file the other is the DVD file. I have burned the ISO file onto the disk and when I put in the disk into the XBOX 360 console I get that message. I have also burned the DVD file and got the same thing. I have already wasted 3 DVDs trying to figure this out and all of them give me the same screen.

There is no other information on the CD. Just the AUDIO TS folder and VIDEO TS folder. I used CloneCD and ImageBurn and got the same results over and over.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??? When I tried using the SS Merger 1.50 and browsed for my ISO file, then clicked on "Detect" after about 10 minutes I get a big screen with errors about the Video Partition or the lack of it to be exact.
    When I downloaded the rar file there was no ss.bin file there.

PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE IT OUT! I AM VERY NEW AT THIS AND AM TRYING TO BURN MY FIRST GAME. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT TO DO OR NOT TO DO TO GET IT TO WORK??

THANK YOU.

8. jagex9000

jagex9000 Guest

i got the same problem... i never backed up a 360 game before am i hopeless or did i f something up plz help thanks

9. phelixnyc

phelixnyc Regular member

1.Install latest firmware for dvd burner (not sure how important this is but it wont hurt to do so)

2.Download ImgBurn app to burn iso

3.Set layer breaker in ImgBurn
    "tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal. This is only necessary the first time burning a 360 game"

4.Use Verbatim DL+R

5.Set burn speed to 2.4x

6.Always choose DVD file and ImgBurn will load the iso file you want to burn.

7.Be patient at 2.4x it can take 45-50 minutes.
    Good luck.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  10. jagex9000

jagex9000 Guest

thx i will try that

11. jagex9000

jagex9000 Guest

it sort of it burn'd but when i put the disk in it loads it like its playing a dvd and shows a vid that says i need to put it in a 360 anyone know where i messed up im not as smart as i thought i was

12. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Is your 360 modded?

13. coterie94

coterie94 Member

hi, ive just tried to follow them instructions, and it just says medium not present, disk tray closed.

any ideas whats up?

14. phelixnyc

phelixnyc Regular member

Did you flash your xbox 360's firmware with a custom firmware (did you mod it)?

15. jagex9000

jagex9000 Guest

oh... no... this is most likely a verey stupid question but how do you do that?

16. Sazaziel

Sazaziel Member

Dammit man! I think it's safe to say that If you don't know how to burn it then you should just buy the game. I'm not knockin you or anything but there are actual tutorials on this when you search Google.

17. jagex9000

jagex9000 Guest

i know how to burn it i just for got to mod the xbox i got it as a gift and they said it was moded i shud of checked it