1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 BURN!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by beelz, May 5, 2007.

1. beelz

beelz Member

i need to learn how to burn 360 games. not to sell them, i just want to make backups for all the games i have right now. i share my 360 with my brother and we have fights almost everyday over whose turn it is to play and usually end up breaking a game or two or three. actually in the past three months we bought five gears of war cds and i have a feeling that the fifth one is not going to last very long. i checked out title 117 chapter 1 of the u.s. copyright law, it's pretty hard to understand, but i believe it says that as long as i don't sell the games i burn it's not illegal to burn them, i am probably wrong. anyways i also checked out http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/359114 and http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/492077, but it looks complicated and i don't know if it really works. i am looking for a simple way to do this. if there isn't one, can someone at least tell me what the best way to do this is and if it works.
    thanks
    by the way this is pretty funny >> http://www.xbox-modchips.com/tutorials/how-to-burn-xbox-games.htm

2. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

copyright is tricky, but any unauthorized reproduction/duplication is infringement of said law.

there are tons of threads on how to do so, first you'll have to mod your 360 before the burning of games even come into play.

so ask yourself, are you ready to open it up?

you'll need to do that before u worry about burning games, but those 2 links are good and yes, u have to go through alot of crap.

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  3. Skinner10

Skinner10 Member

LMAO at the last link you posted. I can't believe I hadn't seen it before. Quality.

Anyway, as you are likely learning, you need to flash a hacked firmware to your Xbox 360's DVD drive if you want to play back ups in the first place. Then, you need to actually make backups by ripping the game, patching it, then burning it.

There are dozens of tutorials out there, but I used this one to flash the drive and this one to learn how to make backups. Those guides should be able to answer all of your questions, but if you still have any, feel free to ask.

Last edited: May 6, 2007
  4. beelz

beelz Member

hacking the xbox 360 for noobs..lol that's so awesome, thanks a lot guys.

5. jaquan03

jaquan03 Member

Alright well I have the same issue as that last guy, but I have a chip in my XBOX-360, so what do I do from there?

6. AlekSash

AlekSash Member

if any1 could jus answer my question im really getting pissed off burning a ton of games. I burn original and downloaded games perfectly, i just dont know wht i need to do to burn a burned game? I read the disc to the hard drive with imgburn, i get the iso and a .mds file, and i write it with imgburn, but when i put in the 360 it says the games is scratched and needs to be cleaned with a cloth. PLZ HELP!

7. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

rofl the funny link