1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 can't play PFI failed, Stealth check failed disks. Please help!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Biggie420, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Biggie420

Biggie420 Guest

I've tried to burn Call of Duty 4 and a bunch of other games like 10 times and my 360 keeps telling me it's an unreadable disk. My guess is this happens because I get the Stealth check failed PFI error before I burn it. I've tried XBC, Cd clone and some others but I keep making coaters. I tried to read the tutorials but they are full of dead links. I used to burn 360 disks with no problems! The only difference is my friend put a new firmware in. A lot of my old disks don't run now either. I guess I was never "stealthing". Any help would be really appreciated. thanks in advance.

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Plain and simple. The new firmware won't allow non-stealth backups to play. This was implemented to help stop people from getting banned from LIVE who were using bad backups.

3. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

if you dont play online have your friend put the older firmware back on, you dont need stealth if your not online.
    if you do play online than you will have to reburn your games wilth the stealth protection, purchase a samsung drive with kreon firmware, it will cost around 50 to 60 bucks and makes all your rips from original games stealth.

4. Biggie420

Biggie420 Guest

Isn't there something else I can do that doesn't involve buying stuff or having the original disks? Merge with an ss file, whatever that means?

5. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Unfortunatly, addmitting not having the originals constitutes piracy, and that is against the forum rules. Sorry about that.

6. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

yes you can, just search the forum here and you will find how to do it.