1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 Coolers!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Zukhaib, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Zukhaib

Zukhaib Regular member

Hey,
    I want to buy the "Gamexpert Cooler King" as it has extra fans, HD Connections, VGA, S-video, Standard Y,L,R Connections and 4 Extra USB ports for MP3's and Controllers (acts as a multi-tap for wired controllers)

You can buy it from: -
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gamexpert-C...18?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1177680758&sr=8-2

Review on it: -
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=547921

Anyway, just want to ask as the "Nyko Intercooler" sucked because it was said that it "BREAKS 360!!" which is a hell of a let down! I want to ask if anybody has this, does it do its job properly? Does it really cool the 360 properly? And are the Extra ports beneficial? Also DOES IT DO THE ASME THING THE NYKO DID? Also is it LOUD or Quiet? Also Is it loose or well-fixed? anybody know? ALso where does it draw its power from? USB, A/V., or/and Power port? Go on 2nd link and read the forum!! Many people commenting but not entirely sure...

Thx!

Also in that forum (In the 2nd link provided above) people are angry because when they try to connect HDTV, on the XBOX it says "HDTV - Disabled" which are really annoying users, but there is another way to get HDTV crystal picture: -

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=552731&st=30&gopid=3776184&#entry3776184

Reviews on product please!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  2. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

here are a few reviews from the site...

I bought the Cooler King for my xbox360 under the impression it would make things run a little smoother..Got all the component cables and digital sound cables plugged in,ready to go.I turn it on and my xbox360 loads up with a bright pink screen..Not chuffed.
    Waste of money.So are the Nyko cooler fans too come to think of it.

I bought the cooler king on a whim mainly as i was after a way of testing which connection was best for a High Def picture, what i actually got was an array of digital connections and a cooling system that is no louder than the xbox 360 itself. I have mine connected through vga for picture at the moment and through the optical for the digital 5.1 sound. Gears of war looks crisp and sharp and the surround sound is awesome. The best thing you could say is that if for some reason you used a different tv (maybe went round a friends house or bought a new one) you have an array of connections to choose from. i am very impressed with this item

bought this product as my 360 keeps hanging and i thought the extra fans would be great!

Little did i know (and nowhere does the blurb tell you) that it can only output standard tv resolution (480p)

if you try to adjust it to 1080i/p it tells you that the hd switch on the out put cable is disabled.

Figure that out!!!!!

don't bother wasting ur cash, wait for a better version!!

takes power from usb and the av port, so fans run at 5v and 0.12a each, they dont feel like they push much air at all and seem like more air moves with it off. but you can dismantle this with a screwdriver so a mod on the fans to say sum delta fans and a external 12v supply would be good. the vga works fine on it as does the svideo and composhite. comes with a composite to scart cable and the 4 port usb semt good for my 4pads but doesnt have enough power to run the webcam! again kinda bad. oh also myne the component wouldnt output above 480p even if the manual said it would. i thought it was of my cables so i bought some new good ones and still no joy, i have heared from the manufacturer that the low usb power and non HD componet output has been fixed on the new version but i wouldn't buy this unless you know its a new one, myne came from play . com and was a old one. still if you want to plug ONLY 4 pads in and use vga output this is dam handy and cheap, if you want extra cooling and component its a risk and alot of modding to get what you want

so im gueesing it works and some people are just morans and dont know to to read the manual..

3. Zukhaib

Zukhaib Regular member

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=552731

Quote from forum: - http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=552731&st=30&gopid=3776184&#entry3776184

So it does go with HDTV, but the cable supplied with it is a "NO-NO!" buy a HDTV Component cable to get HD clear picture 1080i/720...
    In the picture on the forum you can see that it fits nicely behind the 360, nicely tesolated!

4. Zukhaib

Zukhaib Regular member

Anybody, know anything about this product?

5. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

nahhh i just use a notebook cooler to cool my xbox360..

6. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

All the hype about the Nyko intercooler breaking 360's is blown WAY out of proprotion. There was a problem quite awhile back and it was due to faulty fan's they received. And this only affected a handful of 360's which Nyko stated they'd replace. Since then there hasn't been any problems and they've even came out with a new model. I'm still using one of the originals and have 0 problems.

7. Zukhaib

Zukhaib Regular member

Where can you get the NEW MODEL from? What website?

8. Zukhaib

Zukhaib Regular member

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Zukhaib,

Your sig is too big buddy. The sig guidelines are in the forum rules for which there's a link in my sig.

10. Zukhaib

Zukhaib Regular member

Putting both of the coolers do you lot think it will drastically make an improvement?

11. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

The new model came out awhile ago, so here in the states you can pick it up in just about any store which carries 360 accessories.

This link shows a pic of the new model: http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-360-NYKO-I...QQihZ013QQcategoryZ122517QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This link shows a pic of the old model: http://cgi.ebay.com/NYKO-INTERCOOLE...904QQihZ018QQcategoryZ294QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The difference is the on/off switch which you can see below the plug port. The new design has no switch.

12. Zukhaib

Zukhaib Regular member

isit better to have no switch?

13. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

yeah the one with no switch is the one you want...the one with it ias the faulty ones..

14. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I've never used it to turn mine off. I just leave it on and it turns on and off with the 360.

15. ghost89

ghost89 Guest

yea, the nyko fan sucked i want the new elite

16. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

When comments like this are posted it makes the poster seem immature. If you're going to comment on something, give the reason or provide some links. You're entitled to your opinion but tell us why you feel it "sucks".

I'm not coming down on you... I see you're new so I'm offering some advice.

And what is the new elite cooler you've mentioned?

17. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

Um this is wicked off topic..it think hes just saying the nyko fan sucks(without any back up to support his idea)..and he wants the new xbox360 elite...which has nothing to do with this topic..also the new xboxs elites arent built much better for heating promblems..

http://kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-360-elite/inside-the-xbox-360-elite-253983.php said here its not much diffrent..

and more info here..

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/news/inside_the_xbox_360_elite.htm

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  18. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I felt he was refering to the 360 Elite also, whick is way off topic.

I picked up an Elite at midnight at Walmart Saturday. Brought it home an ran it for awhile. Compared to my Samsung ms25 360:

- it gets just as warm
    - it is a bit quieter at idle
    - it is sexier

I "hair dryed" it, popped it open and it had the Hitachi drive with the 79fk firmware. I posted the info at 360drives.com. Can't do nothing with that right now so I returned it Sunday afternoon.

I don't care about the 120 gig hd, I just want the hdmi. So I'll wait until they're using the 65nm processors and have "user-friendly" drives ;)