1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 disc region code after RROD repairs

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by flyers19, Dec 30, 2007.

1. flyers19

flyers19 Guest

I just got my 360 back from repairs yesterday. I tried some games to see if they work properly, some like halo 3 and lost planet work, yet others like nhl 08 and 07 dont work at all and tell me "this disc's region code is incorrect for this console". Everthing before repairs worked fine. Nothing is modded and all games were bought NTSC. Anyone know how to fix this?

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

What region are you in? NHL 07 & 08 are EA games and those are region locked.

What it sounds like is you don't live in North America and you originally bought an imported NTSC 360 and when you had it repaired, you received the correct 360 for your region.

3. flyers19

flyers19 Guest

I live in canada, so i am NTSC. Everything was bought here. I really think they sent me another region 360 since I looked on the back of the 360 and there was some japanese or chinese writing on it but I'm not sure if it's just on every xbox. However, if it is another region xbox, I don't understand why there are some games that work and others don't.

4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Because some games are region free.

5. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Yep. Games which are region free will play on any 360. You should contact the repair line asap.