1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 doesn't read any type of discs

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by XlPHIAS, Nov 3, 2007.

1. XlPHIAS

XlPHIAS Member

Ok well, I just got an old 360 from my sister's boyfriend. Thing is, It doesn't read any discs at all, whether its a game, dvd or audio cd. It loads up to the dashboard and when I stick my game in, it will say "reading" and after 30 secs to a minute, it will revert back and say "open tray". Not to sure if this 360 has been flashed or modified in any way. Been googling all day but just can't seem to get answers. Help would be greatly appreciated.

2. XlPHIAS

XlPHIAS Member

Also, when I put a disc in, I don't hear a single thing (+like the disc spinning and stuff). I heard the samsung drives were quiet, but are they suppose to be so quiet that they make no noises at all??

So I guess there's something wrong with the motor that spins the disk?? Any second thoughts before I do something stupid.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  3. nmpue

nmpue Guest

Sounds like you just need a new laser.
    Could try replacing it as they're cheap and easy to replace from what I've heard.
    When my laser crapped out I paid a dude to replace it, now it's working not a problem.

4. greeva

greeva Guest

hi i bought an xbox 2nd hand and its got the same problem. what guy fixed your laser? please contact me, much appreciated

5. mrleftnut

mrleftnut Member

Is the warranty sticker still intact on your box? Its located under the face plate. If the sticker looks okay, then you atleast know that your box probably hasnt been tampered with. You could always replace the dvd drive for about 50 bucks, but youll have to dump the firmware off the original first.