1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 drive prob!!! strange??

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by revanu187, Sep 29, 2007.

1. revanu187

revanu187 Member

Hey! okay i got a weird ass prob... my 360 that i got around may07 came with a hitachi drive that got fully hacked with firmware ups that havnt been as updated as they should have been.. anyway, about 2 weeks ago i got the 3 red ring of death crap and instead of FIXING the 360 like i should have, i just got lazy and bought another xbox core system and stuck my old hacked drive in the new 360 mobo..

now my dvd drive isnt ready xbox games original/backups AND xbox360 games originals/backups but it detects them as "this is an xbox/xbox360 game, please put in an xbox/xbox360 system". dvd movies and dual layer mpeg discs work flawlessly. its just the damn games.

also, not quite sure what the other drive was that was in the NEW xbox i recently bought but im sure motherboard compatibility never was an issue. ok.. so do i have to update the firmware or buy a ps3??

thanks

2. budro

budro Regular member

If you're completely positive that it's not a motherboard/drive compatibility issure (ie your new sys game with a samsung, you replaced with hitachi) then yeah, just reflash with newest firmware. but makesure either 1.) your games are already stealthed or 2.) if they're not stealthed, don't use ixtreme or 3.)use ixtreme anyways and reburn all your games

3. revanu187

revanu187 Member

alright so the other drive is a samsung (just checked).. i highly doubt that its a compatibility issue although it seems like it due to the fact that im getting a strange prob that hasnt happened before BUT it reads dvd's just fine so im guessing i need to re-firm it..

anyone experience this same prob before? - drive u bought on ebay or a replacement mobo or w/e etc etc

4. budro

budro Regular member

since it came with a samsung, you'll either need to spoof your hitachi to look like a samsung (new thread or google it) or just flash your samsung. i'd just flash the samsung, i think it's easier

5. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

Did you flash your new dvd drive key to the new firmware?