1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 Drive replacement from Hit 79 to Hit 59 Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by MarkeyG, Nov 21, 2007.

1. MarkeyG

MarkeyG Member

Hi all,

I have a Xbox 360 with a Hitachi 79 drive, I have bought a replacement older model 59 Hitachi on the understanding it was easier to flash,

I am following the guide to flash any Hitachi drive and have followed the instructions but cannot get the 360 to go into (Mode B).

I read on a previous post about it may be a problem because the drive in the 360 now is different from the original 79 drive.

Can someone advise me as to what i am doing wrong i have no hair left lol,

This will be my 3rd flash so have a good idea what im doing thanks to everyones help last time.

Thanks All in advance

Markey G

2. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

Make sure you are "replacing key" with your original dvd-drive key. I think you also need to use the "spoof" funtion within the Maximus Toolbox. Read the tutorial that is provided with the toolbox. it should take you step-by-step through the process. Goodluck!

3. MarkeyG

MarkeyG Member

Sorry prob noob question how do i replace the key mate, Understand the rest of the info.

Cheers

4. MarkeyG

MarkeyG Member

Seem to have solved some of this now thanks mate.

5. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

i'm new to this also. using the Maximus Toolbox 4.0 (or 4.5) there is a "replace key" feature. When you read the firmware off of the new drive, the "key" will show up in a box toward the middle of the toolbox screen. paste/type in the drive key from the original dvd drive (your hitachi 79) and flash. but again, you will need to do that "spoof" thing.