1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 DVD drive died

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by KKM, Jan 16, 2007.

1. KKM

KKM Member

I turned on my 360 last night. And it sounded like a lawn mower starting. So I pushed the open button and my GoW's disc came flying out like a frisbee.

I freaked out and almost started crying... I knew it was breaking. I've had it for less then 3 weeks. I take perfect care of all my consoles too. Mint condition. my DVD drive died, doesn't even attempt to read the disc... F$!# YOU BILL GATES ! F%@!# YOU MIRCOSOFT !!!

I called MS tech service today and they're repairing it all for free... I just hope the indian lady got my address right.

Has anyone had their 360 repaired by MS ? What can I expect ? How long does it take ? I am super pissed off. I wish I could punch Bill Gates in the mouth.

2. tony30uk

tony30uk Member

mine took around 4 days from collection to drop off, also had problems with the dvd drive not reading disks, not ejecting, not closing etc
    also got the "cheap labour" indian lady on the phone who i couldnt understand !
    seems like more and more companys are going this way with call centers but they forget that it takes twice as long to explain your problem so someone who you cant understand

3. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

My friend had a problem with his system (it was a Launch system), and sent it back to Microsoft, and it took them a Month to do all the work. It just depends I guess on what the damage is. Did you keep your HDD? Because my friend just sent the System back (without the controller, headset, and HDD), and they sent him a brand new Xbox 360 (with controller, headset, and HDD). So now he has 2 HDD's, and got basically a free Controller and Headset. I think it's funny that Microsoft doesn't think...

They should do what Nintendo does. Nintendo will send you a new Wii console, and you send yours in, so that you are never without a Wii console. Now that is thinking...

4. tony30uk

tony30uk Member

just sent the xbox, no hdd or anything, printed off the postal details they sent me, boxed it up and they collected

5. KKM

KKM Member

Let me get this straight...

MS sends me a box, I put the 360 in it. I put some ID number on it and They come and pick it up ? That's it

No HD, No cables, Controls, etc ?

6. tony30uk

tony30uk Member

no, you have to box the machine yourself using anything but the original xbox box incase it gets stolen
    they emailed me the packing information to stick to the box which i printed off (if you havent got a printer they will post it to you)
    they collect the machine using ups
    they then return your console, mine took 4 days
    do not include anything with the console, no hard drive or cables and make sure theres no disk in the drive or you might loose it !