1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 DVD Drive Not Recognized

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by memnoch20, May 3, 2009.

1. memnoch20

memnoch20 Member

Hi,

I'm trying to flash an Hitachi drive. I'm using CK3 Lite for power and connecting to the PC with SATA. The problem I have is I can't get the drive recognized. I have tried in XP and Vista with Port IO drivers installed. The motherboard is an Abit IP-35 Pro so it doesn't have a serial port but I thought I only needed the SATA. Thanks for any advice.

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. leerage

leerage Regular member

You are correct in only needing S-ATA for Hitachi. Your onboard S-ATA might just not be compatible. Maybe try another S-ATA port. If not you'll be needing to spend 15$ on the VIA S-ATA card with the 6421 chipset.

4. memnoch20

memnoch20 Member

Doesn't look like my SATA is compatible. I have two eSATA ports for a JMicron RAID that I will get a cable for and try. If that doesn't work I will get a new VIA card

5. memnoch20

memnoch20 Member

I connected the DVD drive to eSATA and it now appears in BIOS however it will not appear in Windows. Is there anything else I can try before buying a new VIA card? Thank you.

6. steo2k8

steo2k8 Regular member

It has to be put in mode b, in JF go to the hitachi tab and press send mode b, otherwise it won't show up under windows.

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  7. gameover9

gameover9 Guest

You need the via card if it's not showing up in windows.

8. memnoch20

memnoch20 Member

I quit messing with my onboard SATA and got a $12 VIA card. Jungle Flasher picked it up right away. I was able to dump the key but will wait for iXtreme 1.6 to flash.

Thanks for your help.