1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 Flashing help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Rogdrik, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Rogdrik

Rogdrik Regular member

Ok I want to flash my 360 I boot it up on usb it asks to press y or n and I press y and enter. Then it says the either dsam or fsam I do the dsam one and type dsam and the serial and then enter. I turn on my 360 like it says and then press a key.
    It bring up the thing telling you what to do so at the bottom where it says drive scanned mine says
    1: IDe Pri Slave
    2: ICH6P Pri Slave
    choose one drive

I've chosen both and do what it says and nothing happens.
    I am using iprep with windows xp sp3 and my laptop with a external sata card (pcmia, the one where you can plug it in) but I am wondering what am I doing wrong? And on the back of the 360 dvd drive it has 2 slot thing the 2nd I can take out but the first I cant seem to do I need to use the first or 2nd one, or below on the motherboard theres one too do I use that one? Plz help I really want to hack my 360.

2. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

Your system is not detecting the 360. You will be looking for a channel named "Xtreme Pri" also the pcmia card could also be the problem.

3. Rogdrik

Rogdrik Regular member

Yeah thats one thing I was thinking. Im using a laptop though because my parents desktop wont read my usb and its old and my laptop is newer. If you know what kind of pcmia sata card I can get please leave info.

4. Rogdrik

Rogdrik Regular member

If you can give me info on what kind of card I can get for my laptop please send info either to a direct page where the product is or the name of it plz

5. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

6. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

This card will not work with the MS28 Samsung

7. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

After searching somemore i've confirmed the card i mentioned only works with hitachi drives, sorry for any mis-information.
    From the information ive gathered there is not a pcmia card to flash samsung drives.
    The via 6421A or L pci card will but you will need a desktop pc with a pci slot.
    I would ask around about the pcmia card for samsung as I could possibly be wrong.
    good luck.

8. Rogdrik

Rogdrik Regular member

i got one for my desktop but my desktop is old and when i go into boot menu it wont show my usb and when i go into bios its not there where i can set it to boot from, so what am I supposed to do to make it work on my desktop then or one that'll work on my laptop?

9. wabashman

wabashman Active member

boot from floppy disc,

10. Rogdrik

Rogdrik Regular member

But isnt booting from a floppy disk risky?
    I've heard that its a higher chance

11. wabashman

wabashman Active member

ive flashed 3 from floppy without a problem, just make sure you buy new discs and dont use really old ones.

12. Rogdrik

Rogdrik Regular member

Ok Im flashing right now but I type in my drive and then it says reading how long am I supposed to let it sit there because its still at 0% and theres 2 slots in the back of the 360 dvd drive is it the left or the right one I plug the sata in?

13. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

Are you trying to flash with the ICH6 chipset?
    What fw version is your drive? ms25 or ms28?
    It should go from 0% to 100% 3 or 4 times instantly. Once its done it will tell you to reboot your pc.
    The dvd drive itself has 1 sata port, the other port powers the drive, controls eject functions etc. The power port has a white plug with various individual wires running from it. You will want to make sure that if you do unplug the power cable that you plug it back in the right way or you will damage the drive. The side of the plug that has no wire connections you will want to plug in away from the sata port.

14. Rogdrik

Rogdrik Regular member

No Im using one that works with desktops one that they tell everyone to get Idk what kind it is, but the drivers and stuff are installed because my comp reads it and I put in the cd. Mines ms28, im using the other slot for the sata cord to my sata card on my computer what I did was put dSam 1234567 12345 then hit enter it said make sure ur dvd drive is on it was and I pressed a key it said then pick a drive I did then followed what it said I turned it off waited 10-15 sec then turned it back on but the reading thing still didnt do anything, then I tried again but without turning it off I just picked the drive and left it there.

15. Rogdrik

Rogdrik Regular member

Also do I have to use a certain iprep or firmware to work. Because I used v006 and firmware 1.4 ixtreme. Am I supposed to use the original iprep and if so everytime I try to load the firmware it says error and stuff but I updated the ixdef what am I supposed to do?

16. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

Well if your using the via 6421 a or l you should be able to accomplish this task.
    First of all on the via sata card make sure that your plugging the sata cable into the port closest to the front of your pc.
    Open iprep (ive never personally liked iprep) and load a firmware that it will recognize (if you have to use a fw prior to 1.4 do so) after you've loaded the firmware check the "patch mtkflash" checkbox, select your via card from the drop down box, select the target drive which would be A:\ if your using a floppy and click format and make bootable.
    After it is done open the floppy drive and examine the files that are inside.
    Once your there goto the "tools" folder (iprep creates this folder) and extract the two "MTKFLASH files" (firmtool is optional) to the root directory of the floppy drive. Delete everything on the floppy except for the two MTKFLASH files you copied.
    Grab your ixtreme v1.4 firmware and rename it something easy to remeber e.g. ix14 and put it with the two mtkflash files in the root directory.
    Ok now turn off your pc and unhook any unnessecary drives (just to be safe)plug your sata cable into the via card but not to the xbox 360 dvd drive.
    Set the pc to boot from the floppy drive.
    Boot the pc and x360 at the same time and once your at the A:/ prompt plug the sata cable into the back of the xbox 360 dvd drive.
    Now type mtkflash r /sata /m orig.bin
    If it finds the port "Xtreme Pri" then congrats. Turn the 360 off and select that channel.
    Wait 10-15 seconds, turn the 360 on and it should start reading your firmware.
    Once its done it will say please power cycle your pc. Go ahead and turn the pc and 360 off at this point.
    Boot the pc back into windows, open your floppy and located orig.bin, make a couple copies and insure you have a saved copy. Open orig.bin in a program called "firmware toolbox". Copy the key from orig.bin, open ix14 in firmware toolbox and paste the key from orig.bin into ix14.bin and click the replace key button.
    Insure that the drive key matches exactly from orig.bin and that the ix14 firmware that is on your floppy has that key.
    Now restart the pc back into the command prompt using the steps you used to read the firmware.
    Once at the prompt type "mtkflash w /sata /m ix14.bin" without quotes. Follow the same procedure as reading the drives firmware. It should then flash that firmware to the drive.
    You could also use firmtool (the optional file that iprep originally creates) to copy the drive key from the orig.bin to ix14.bin from the command prompt but im not going to go there.
    If you have any problems check back.

17. Rogdrik

Rogdrik Regular member

Ok I just flashed it and it turns on and everything, but when I put in my games I made from the iso's and stuff it says unplayable disk or unreadable disk or mixed media, what am I supposed to do?

18. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

Well first of all does it boot original games?
    What brand of dvd r dl discs are you using?
    If it boots original games and your using a good quality media then the problem is that your not patching/burning the game correctly.
    There are many tutorials on this site for creating backups, I would suggest you read them and grasp a understanding on what you need and how its done.

19. Rogdrik

Rogdrik Regular member

yeah I accidently left gh in and it played it lol. What do you mean by media? My dl cd's are hp invent double layer dvd+r 2.4x and im using xbox 360 ss merger as it says and load up the ss file and people have told me that its ok that it has red on there when i load the ss file. Also when I use clone cd am I supposed to load the .dvd or my .iso I loaded the .iso using ss merger.

20. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

Media is referenced to your discs.
    The reason I believe theyre not working is the HP dl's. I've never used them before but I have use memorex and they would work and sometimes they wouldnt.
    Id reccommend buying verbatim dvd dl's as they are a good media (a little more expensive than hp) but they are better quality.