1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 Flashing, Hitachi v47 Sata via Laptop SLAX

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Andrew86, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Andrew86

Andrew86 Member

Heya Guys,

Im about to flash my xbox soon and I was wondering if you can run slax upon boot up with a laptop. It works for my PC, but pc is too old to handle the SATA card. Therefore im gonna use the sata card via usb port. Apparently this method works on v47 Hitachi drives.

But yeah, does anyone know how to run the SLAX boot cd when I start my laptop up?

Also, even though backed up games work on a flashed 360, is it still region locked? I'm in the UK so therefore backed up US and Japan games wont run?

Thanks

2. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

i am not sure about the running slax on a laptop but the backed up games will not be region free. the consoles are not capable of that yet i'm afraid.

3. Andrew86

Andrew86 Member

Hmm that's what i thought, I'm sure i seen a list somewhere before about . Showing which games are indeed region free to all 360s though.

Im sure the theory behind running a slax disc is akin to a os disc, but i dont know how to set a laptop to check it upon startup.

4. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

you are correct there is a list over at http://www.xbox-sky.com/xbox360_regional_compatibility_guide/
    but you may need to register to see it.

I have never worked with a laptop but assume it would be the same as a pc would it not? go into your bios on start up and change the first boot device to be the CD drive