1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 flashing

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by kevinko, Apr 29, 2007.

1. kevinko

kevinko Guest

i am a 360 newb, so i read the faq and watched the video tutorial. but i'm only confused about one thing.....a "crock" clip. is it really needed? if so, where can i get it? searched on ebay to no avail. any help would be nice. just want to know this last thing before attempting to flash. i have a samsung btw [not that it matters]

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

if you have a samsung, all you need is a via chipset and extreme boot maker and extreme firmware and your all set. whole process probably takes like 5-6 minutes.

3. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

What the "clock clip" you saw was a clip on the end of a wire with another crock clip. What you're referring to is a grounding wire. The wire is nothing more than a wire with a crock clip on each end to clip onto two chassis (XBox and your PC). The reason being, the PC is grounded while your open XBox is not, so by connecting the metal chassis of each to each other, you ground the XBox and reduce the risk of frying it.

You can get one at electronics stores. However, you can just as easily take a wire and strip it at both ends and instead of being able to clip it, take the bare wire and twist one end to the PC and one end to the XBox chassis (just find a hole to loop it through).

4. kevinko

kevinko Guest

ahHhh i c

ok thx ender, i'll try that