1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 Freezing...what should i do?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jhood99, Jun 15, 2007.

1. jhood99

jhood99 Member

So the other day im playing Call Of Juarez. It's burnt on verbatim dl disk at 2.4x. My 360 is hooked up to my gateway FPD2185W lcd monitor. While im playing the screen makes some distorted images and the 360 freezes as far as I can tell. So I restart the 360 and it freezes on the startup opening screen. Turn the 360 off for a while and everything seems fine....momentatrily. Call of Juarez freezes on a certain spot all the time now and now when i play Forza 2 it decides to freeze to , and it never froze before. I am getting none of the red 'ring-of-death' circles...it's just that my 360 is freezing on these two games,...no distorted images, just freezing up.I'll even press the eject button and the frozen image will still be on the screen. What the hell is up? I have a MS28 with xtreme 5.3. And I've been problem free since i got my 360 in december ....now until call of juarez....

2. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Just a matter of time until you get the 3 red lights...

3. jhood99

jhood99 Member

yo spoke to soon....as soon as i looked at your reply...it happened . I have three flashing red lights, what should I do now?

4. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Damn that sucks I got 3 red lights about 2 months ago,are you under warranty?

5. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Oh I forgot you flashed your drive,did your mess up your warranty sticker?

6. jhood99

jhood99 Member

yerp....do u knw any reputable websites the fix modified 360's that are located in the U.S.? I don't want to send my xbox 360 somewhere and not have it sent back or stolen. Or can i send to microsoft and they'll fixed my modified firmware broken xbox 360 for $140?

7. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Send it to MS,but reflash the drive just in case...

8. jhood99

jhood99 Member

ehh ...since i formatted my computer i don't have the original firmware. So now what?

9. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

Microsoft probably wont even check firmware.You'll pay a certain amount and they'll send you a refurbished console that will last less time than your original did.Its totally pointless sending it to them my advice would be to get it fixed by somebody else then you'll get your console back and it will probably work longer than a refurbished console. Id also advise you to get a fan upgrade for extra cooling they're easy to fit yourself and a lot cheaper than paying for your console to be repaired again.

10. jhood99

jhood99 Member

who's the somebody else I can get it fixed by? and install the extra fan?

11. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Just send it to MS,they send you back your original console now.Dont tell them that you tampered with it and you should be fine.But did you get banned from Xbox Live?? as they will ask you for your Serial Number

12. jhood99

jhood99 Member

nah...fortunately I haven't got banned yet...so It's ok to send it back to ms even though the microsoft sticker is ripped and xtreme fw?
    Thanks you've been very helpful thegrunt.

13. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

i wouldnt send it to ms, they claim to send back your console now but they were claiming to do that to begin with. send it to a good site, check google for "xbox 360 repair service" and see what comes up.

14. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

I would send it,but if youre having second thoughts go on ebay and search xbox 360 repair service.Check their feedback though as it may be a scam...