1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 getting hot. How to fix? GH2

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by castiljd, May 8, 2007.

1. castiljd

castiljd Member

After patching with Guitar Hero II. My xbox immidiately froze playing GH2 and now any game. I took my 360 apart and placed a small (probaly 10")box fan on top of 360 without the top cover and it plays fine. My question is has anyone bought the fan from talismoon or the high cooling kit and it actually fixed the heating problem? I was just wondering how good they are.

Thanks

2. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

I use the xcm highspeed aircooler and the add on fan and never have any problems with my xbox freezing.
    I couldnt tell you if its better than before as I put these in as soon as I got the console pretty much.

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Those kits are really nice but quite expensive. I know Divineo has them for $50 PLUS another $12 for the second fan.

There's another option. Here's a link to properly add a second fan over top of the heat sinks. You don't need to hack the wiring to find a power source because MS provided one for ya. http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=549063

4. Rydis

Rydis Regular member

not playing it so long and keeping it well ventilated should be all the the fix you need.

5. castiljd

castiljd Member

Lol not be smart but it is well ventilated and I don't think playing for 5 minutes before freezing (If I'm lucky) playing too long. I need some more cooling. I think I'm going to put some arctic silver and see if that helps.

6. Rydis

Rydis Regular member

well, if it is overheating within 5 minutes of play, then no amount of cooling is gonna help it really. It probably has faulty hardware in it. Aftermarket coolers are known to have problems burning up and using artic silver can void the warrenty (if it still is in it).

If it doesn't overheat and still freezes within 5 minutes, then its most likely due to bad disc or drive. /not to be smart.