1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 Hard Drive Case Modding

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ARGUS_328, Dec 13, 2007.

1. ARGUS_328

ARGUS_328 Regular member

I see alot of people customizing their Hard Drives using a dremel tool, plexiglass and neon lighting....My question pertains to the lighting portion, how are they doing it? If I had to venture a guess I'd say that there are tapping into the Hard drives power...and if thats the case doesnt that effect the overall performance of the Hard Drive? Anyone who may have done such a procedure, I'd love to know how ya did it!...Thanks guys!

2. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

well, im uisng a chameleon case which has LED loghts in the case (black knight case) and this connected using the Disc drives pwoer supply using an adapter to allow you to use both the case and disc drive from the power.

im also going to try and use the XCm add on fan with that supply to. im hoping everythign still works even tohugh il be uisng the disc drive, fan and my case LED's off of the same pwoer supply with adapters.

il have to wait and see.

3. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

well, if you put a windows in the case or buy a clear case you can use theres lights:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XBOX-360-Tali...yZ112846QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

i have a black knioght chameleon case which ahsa clear X in the top and flashed differencet colours which looks really cool.

im getting talismoon fans to put in which has blue light coming out of the back of the 360, and of course the XCm fan which im hoping wont show through the clear X on the topof ym case as that will sort of ruin the whole idea of having different colour LED's haha.

4. ARGUS_328

ARGUS_328 Regular member

hahaha......thats exactly what I'm looking at! but I know I would probably have to cut the cables in order to attempt to splice it to the power thats also for the Hard Drive....but yeah thats exactly what I was looking at too man....too funny....as far as case mods go, and I dont wanna stray too far off topic, So far I've got two new windows on top of the 360 that I cut with a dremel tool and installed plexiglass in it, I have the Talismoon Whisper fan (Blue), I got and installed the XCM DVD S.D. Cover so I can see the discs, which is kinda cool. I also have on order the Talismoon Crystal Vent so as to show off the whisper fan and I'm getting the Talismoon Aurora LED Kit (Both should be coming today) and next week I'll be picking up the XCM Blue Add-on fan that you have. I wanna get a new Original case and re-mod it because I'm not pleased at all with my cuts on my case....they look good if you stand back and all the components kinda drown it out but if you look closer you'll see where the cuts are not all that good, Ameteur at best! hehehe!

5. ARGUS_328

ARGUS_328 Regular member

Oh one more thing I did...I soldered on new LEDs on my Ring of light so now they match all my other LEDs (Which are Blue) I just thought the Green ones looked tacky with all my cool blue on it! some people may say thats dumb because now I dont have any indication that I have the 3-ROD because you basically kill the Red LEDs on it when you do this...and I wasnt about to try to solder on a second pair of LEDs (Yes you can do that) to emulate it, the first batch was a pain as it was, the 0603 Leds are super tiny, I'm glad I ordered 10 of em'...so my solution?....I bought a Second RF Module (Unmodded of course) so now I can trouble shoot it!

6. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

sounds to me like your case is gonna glow like hell!!

haha, i want the blue whisper fan because the grey air dduct will bloick the blue on the isnide, so i can view my clear x with the LED's without a blue light shining through.

but the XCM case will most likely shine through the clear X...any advice on that?

is it possible to take out teh LED's or will the fan not function if i just remove the blue LED's?

thanks

7. ARGUS_328

ARGUS_328 Regular member

Yeah so far it looks pretty sweet....but just a few more mods....I'm almost there.....I will attempt the water cooling mod on it too just to see what thats all about but for now I'm satisfied! I also need a DVD-ROM my current one is on its way out the door....in regards to your question, the only thing I can think of is to disable all the LEDs on the fan, but your question I think I can have answered in a week thats when I'll be getting mine...sorry man!