1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 Hardware Failure Question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Bruinguy, May 19, 2007.

1. Bruinguy

Bruinguy Member

Okay, I'm not sure if anyone has a suggestion or an idea for my situation but it's worth a shot.

I ordered my 360 online just before Xmas '06 and seemed to take forever to arrive. I contacted the retailer I purchased it from and they initiated a trace with Canada Post and deemed it a lost shipment. They refunded my credit card in the end. A week later, it arrived at my door. Did I let the retailer know it arrived so they could charge me? No, of course not, would you?

Jump ahead 6 months to yesterday I turn on my 360 and I get the "Red Ring of Death" signaling general hardware failure. I know they all have the 1-year warranty on them but I don't think I can contact Microsoft support because when they see the serial number it is probably flagged, correct?

Am I screwed and have to go out a buy another or can anyone suggest a solution to my problem.

Thanks to all of you in advance.

2. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

Hardware problem, you need to find out what is causing the hardware issue, lot of people have overheating issues. I have a mal-functioning Fan in mine.

If thats how you got ur Xbox, then I'm guessing it would be tagged as stolen, I'm sure Microsoft would be happy if you contacted them....