1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 hitachi firmware probs

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by alexmoi, Oct 5, 2007.

1. alexmoi

alexmoi Member

I have a Hitachi 59dj drive in my console. I can play all games but keep getting constant problems with certain games. 1. Halo 3 will always freeze about 5 min into the game (b4 first save. 2. Conan will always give me a very fast "unplayable disc" and return to dashboard after a certain save in the middle of the game. 3. Chrome houds will juste give me a "unplayable disc. Please keep in mind all theses games work on my friends 360 like a charm. He has a hitachi 78. I have tried 3 different recent firmwares, yet nothing changes except the fact that some other games won't work, ex. pirates of the caribbean. Please help :(

2. theridges

theridges Guest

what kind of media are your burning on and what type of burner??

3. alexmoi

alexmoi Member

I have a pioneer 111D with 8.19 firmware. I use Virbadim and memorex.I burn at 2X. The problem is that all my old games work, until halo 3. Blazing angels (new one) works great no probs. Conan, halo 3 and chromehounds gives me the same exact error every time. Conan returns to main menu at the same exact place in the game and breifly gives me a "unplayable disc" error. Halo 3 gets to a point about 5 min in the game and screen freeze, but sound continues. every time around the same spot. Chomehound juste says unplayable disc. Now keep in mind, they all play fantastic on my friends hitachi 78.

4. theridges

theridges Guest

you can try and clear the cache
    Clear the Cache on the Xbox 360

To clear the cache on the Xbox 360 do the following:

* Go to the Xbox Dashboard, select the System Blade, and select Memory.
    * Highlight the HD symbol and press Y.
    * Press X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X.

You will see a confirmation message to confirm system maintenance, proceed.

other than that it maybe be the drive...

5. alexmoi

alexmoi Member

The thing is, it does exactly the same thing on only a couple of the new games, and always the same thing. If it was random i would see the drive, but it is constant, yet other new games work fine

6. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

My old Hitachi 0059DJ drive wouldn't read anything worth a damn unless it was burnt at 4x speed.

I've never tried anything but Verbatims and even 2.4x wouldn't work well on the 0059, even though it ran perfectly on a MS28.

Edit - Just thought of something.

Make an .iso of whatever game is giving you problems then reburn that .iso at 4x.

Who wants to bet me this will solve this issue?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  7. alexmoi

alexmoi Member

so what your trying to say tha the game might work better if i burn it at 4X speed instead of 2X? I sure hope this works cause it is frustrating being so far in the game and poof, stuck there ( talking about conan)

8. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

memorex = garbage

9. theridges

theridges Guest

yes lol...

other than that yea burn speed could be the problem i remember with ps2 back-ups burn speed was a major issue....i have only burned 360 games at 2x but maybe 4x will do a bit better.....

10. alexmoi

alexmoi Member

Honestly, i have never had any probs with memorex or verbatim t'il Halo 3. I have made 3 copies up to date ( 1 memorex and 2 verbatim) and they all do exactly the same thing. I have 3 copies of conan and they all return to the dashboard after a certain save close to the end of the game. What i find weird, is anything i do ( change fw, redo disc, etc.) i keep getting the exact same prob at the exact same place in the game. i have been in pc's since i was little, and all my knowledge commes to the conclusion, that if the prob was hardware ( dvd burner or 360 lens) it wouldn't be so constant and exact.

11. alexmoi

alexmoi Member

but while on the subject of FW, what is the best FW for a hitachi 59dj, so that i can single out the FW as being the prob

12. theridges

theridges Guest

right now i would say ixtreme 1.2 revC

13. alexmoi

alexmoi Member

isn't the 1.2 REV.C for the samsung and not the hitachi?

14. theridges

theridges Guest

yea the 1.2 is best for hitachi