1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 hitachi GDR-3120L fl79 rom

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by sliprules, Nov 6, 2007.

1. sliprules

sliprules Member

hi,

i have just found out that i have the hitachi gdr-3120L drive but have a fl79 rom i need the passkey to mod it right? where do i get the passkey from?

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Did you try Googling "360 passkey"?

3. sliprules

sliprules Member

i found one at www.mod-chip.com and ordered it is that a good place to order from does anybody know where there located?

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Ya, they're good. I've ordered quite abit from there, actually. I believe they're in Austria (not Australia). Shipping time has never been bad. Roughly a week to a week and a half.

5. sliprules

sliprules Member

what shiping option did you use i picked the 1-2 ups option and it was 17.95 and the passkey was 25 i had to do that because the guy who is modding my xbox for 69.99 opened it up and it should of had the hitachi gdr-3120l but had fl79 instead and i ordered the passkey and it shipped today so im stuck with no xbox until it gets here :( another question the passkey do you take it off? or leave it on cause the guy said he is keeping the passkey or something like that i just bought the xbox 4 days ago and never played it how much could i sell it for is it better to sell it and buy a premodded one from uexboxmods.com or sell.com and the last question i have is where can i buy xbox 360backup games

6. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

OK LISTEN TO ME!! Dont let that guy touch your xbox. learn how to do it yourself and this can be completed by using usually any desktop computer. He should not keep that pass key if you are paying for it. If there is an upgrade in firmware to stop microsoft from banning you, you will have to order a entire new one. Look at the sticky's on how to do it. I did mine myself for a total expense of $8. Only because my computer didn't have a sata port. If you have any questions just repost. ill even walk you through it if you need it.

7. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

I have modded tons of 360's and I wouldn't let just anyone mod a 0079FL drive. Those passkey installations are tough unless you're really skilled with a soldering iron.

8. sliprules

sliprules Member

hi,

this guy has modded all of my consoles including my ps1 , ps2, wii, xbox...etc he solders these every day and has done tons os xbox 360's i was going to do it myself but i dont want to open the console up myself im scared of breaking it or messing up and i have never soldered should i still do it myself? the passkey is coming friday and i already paid him also

9. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Let the other guy do it.