1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 in a PC case

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ffocus06, Jul 24, 2011.

1. ffocus06

ffocus06 Regular member

So I've been pretty bored and I've got a spare 360 laying around and decided to put it in a PC case I have. I just started working on it and finally got the board mounted in the case.

[​IMG]

I also had an extra HDD case laying around and pulled the adapter out so I can relocate the HDD. I would like to put in some regular PC heatsinks but I'm not to sure which ones will fit. I did a little research and found that LGA 775 socket heatsinks should fit but I was wondering if anyone knew for sure which ones would fit. I found these:
    at Newegg and was wondering if anyone knew if they would fit on the motherboard.

Thanks!

And damn that case is dirty! I didn't realize how dirty it was until I posted the picture lol

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  2. infam0us

infam0us Regular member

3. ffocus06

ffocus06 Regular member

I saw that on here earlier when I was searching for stuff on how to do it but you just have the original heatsinks. I was wanting to add some with fans for extra cooling. This olboard has had rrod several times I was hoping to prevent it this time. Thanks for the pics.

4. infam0us

infam0us Regular member

yea i but i went the other route and just did a 12v fan on to the heatsinks,good luck with the project like to see it when its done

5. ffocus06

ffocus06 Regular member

Ya I'll definitely keep this updated as I move along. I'm thinking I'm gonna order two of those fans I linked to in the first post. At least one for now to test it. Anyone got any info on PC heatsinks that fit and keep the cpu/gpu cool?

Also infam0us, how did you wire everything for the power button and extend the power cable for the dvd drive?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011