1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 making weird buzzing noise while playing game...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by CrisKahn2, Nov 4, 2007.

1. CrisKahn2

CrisKahn2 Regular member

Iv had my 360 since last Christmas but rarely played it. Like maybe once every other weekend for like 2 hours at the most.
    (been really busy)

anyways... just this last couple of days Iv been playing Bioshock alot and it has been fine. But yesterday for the first time ever my 360 froze and there was red checkered pattern on the screen. So I turned off the 360 and tried to play it again. 2 mins later the same thing happened but this time the checkered pattern is blue.

So I tried again 5 more times and within 2 mins of playing it freezes again but no patterns this time just striaght up froze.

So I stopped playing my 360 till like 3 hours ago and it hasent freeze or anyting...except for the buzzing noise.

The buzzing noise occurs when the game disc spins. It is so loud that I cant even enjoy my game. It is really annoying...it makes me think that the 360 is going to explode or maybe even scratch the game disc.

Anyone had this problem before? Im thinking its the disc tray ...might be loose. I dont want to open it cuz it will void the warrenty, Should I just hit up MS and ask them to repair it? Cuz I threw my reciept away...

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  2. johncchc

johncchc Regular member

seems like ur xbox 360 is pissed at you for not spending time with him. this sounds like a symptom of loniness and neglection.. idk man, i guess u have to play it more often now and give it more love. if u know what i mean..

3. steimy

steimy Active member

well, you can always call Microsoft and have them fix it. You do have a 1 year warranty. More likely that you DVD drive is just loud.

4. mjfouline

mjfouline Guest

the red checkered pattern means u only got a little time left with your 360.

same thing happened to me but the checkered pattern was green. got the RRoD like a week later.

i woudl setup a box from microsft to come so u have it ready when it does happen

5. CrisKahn2

CrisKahn2 Regular member

oh damn... sucks cuz its gonna take some time for it to be fixed and all. Knowing MS and how slow they are to process anything.

6. brandonb

brandonb Regular member

just to add my two cents bro...when you call 1800 4 my xbox to get it fixed, if you dont get someone who speaks english and you cant understand them...just tell em you cant understand them and want to talk to someone else. saved me a lot of trouble ha ha ha

7. CrisKahn2

CrisKahn2 Regular member

ok so update on the situation...

So i called 800 4 my xbox like 20 mins ago and found out that my 1 year warrenty expired on 11/2... guess my christmas present was bought early!

So they said that it will cost $100 to repair my 360 cuz it makes the loud buzzing sound and crashes after 1 min after playing a game.

That is seriously unfair...360 !@#$ up 7 days after the warrenty. And the problem occured 1 week ago cuz I started this post last week end! WTF..

So the only way that they will repair it is if I get the 3 RROD

To my surprise...after telling the service rep on the phone that Iv never had the 3 RROD...I get the RROD 2 mins after I got off the phone with the guy!

So I called back and told them I got the RROD and the mother !@#$%^
    doesnt sound like he believes me. He thinks that I have tampered with the cosole to make the 360 get RROD! He was like

" sir If we find out (and we will) that the console has been tampered with in any way we will send the console right back to you un repaired"

Ok you ass...

anyways they will send be a box for returns

lets just hope I get my console fixed ehh ?