1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 media connection issues

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by animal733, Jan 26, 2007.

1. animal733

animal733 Member

I've been trying to set up my xbox ethernet connection to my pc today and I'm having MAJOR problems. the good news is I think I understand what the problem is, the bad is I have no idea how to fix it. First off, my OS is windows xp service pack 2. When I go into services.msc, I cannot get both ssdp discovery service and universal plug and play to start. The errors I keep getting are error 1079 when trying to start ssdp, and error 1068, which is a dependency problem caused by the ssdp. My http is running, so that isn't the problem. I've been looking everywhere, but to no avail, can anyone help me? My xbox live passes all the tests but I get to media connect and fail on like the 3rd one down. I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

2. animal733

animal733 Member

Anybody out there???

3. MySelf69

MySelf69 Member

So has windows media worked before on your 360? if you have , wats the last thing you did before it stoped working?

4. animal733

animal733 Member

No, I've never hooked up an xbox before, this is the first time. I installed zune after finding out that windows media player 11 would freeze up when I clicked on library, then media sharing. Then I rolled back to wmp 10, and installed windows media connect. The same thing would happen. When I opened media connect, and tried to start it would say media sharing has not been enabled, but, like I said, I think it has something to do with not being able to use my universal plug and play device. I keep getting that same "error 1079, the account specified for this service is different then........blah, blah".

5. MySelf69

MySelf69 Member

ok

on you 360 turn it on, and go to the "Media" blade on your dashboard.

select "media Center" and follow the steps. go to the web site like they ask. download the things asked there. and simple as that! =)

if you have any more questions. ill try my best

6. animal733

animal733 Member

This might be a simple solution, but if I connected the xbox with a usb cable, would that allow me to share media and bypass the ethernet connection?

7. MySelf69

MySelf69 Member

no, you have to conect VIA ethernet cable bro. conect ur 360 to your hub

8. animal733

animal733 Member

Awesome. My 360 isn't working now. It was working fine last night and when I go to turn it on just now, I get 3 flashing lights.

9. animal733

animal733 Member

WTF, I have a hardware failure? I guess connecting an ethernet cable leads to hardware failure. I got all but the upper right quadrant flashing red, the center stays green.

10. MySelf69

MySelf69 Member

wow thats odd. and an ethernet conection will not fry your 360 unless u plusg it into something your not sposed to...like a wall jack... sorry about that

11. Phreak61

Phreak61 Member

i have a simular problem i however did have music streaming before. when i upgraded my media player to windows media player 11 everything stopped working. i was hoping and was told that you could stream video. i do not have a media center pc. running win xp pro service pack 2. the media connect told me i didn't need it anymore since i have mp11! help please!!! thanx in advance!!

12. animal733

animal733 Member

I got the unknown error code 0102, does anyone know how to fix this?

13. animal733

animal733 Member

ok so it's like this. I went to www.xbox.com/pcsetup and it says I needed one of the following versions. I have service pack 2 and so it instructed me to download zune sofware. I then opened the media sharing option and confirmed my sharing settings. Back to my xbox, it still fails the "pc selected" test. Does ANYONE have any ideas?

14. mduga

mduga Regular member

i also have problems with this going through a hub. my cable modem is plugged into the uplink port and computer is plugged into slot 1 and my 360 is in slot 2. It just isn't working. I had no problems connecting my computer directly to my 360 with a crossover cable though. So I am guessing that using a hub just doesn't work? is this what you are using? i am going to buy a wireless router and try that i think

-duga-

15. animal733

animal733 Member

I'm going through a linksys wireless router compatible with xbox live. The model is wrt54g.

16. mduga

mduga Regular member

not sure whats wrong then. must be a setting somewhere, or your firewall. i know my problem has to be with the hub, since connecting my 360 directly to my computer with a crossover cable worked fine. probably going to look at some routers this weekend. hopefully this will solve my problem. my computer is too far from my 360 and in a different room. so the crossover cable was just a temporary thing for me to try.

-duga-

17. animal733

animal733 Member

My firewall ports are open, and xbox live is working fine. If you read my first post I think that might be where the problem lies. When I called up xbox support they were stumped when I said I had these errors. Maybe someone who knows more about these errors can provide some insight.

18. mduga

mduga Regular member

i also had problems using an 8 port hub. I just bought a $40 wireless router. I connected my cable modem to the router and i have both my xbox and xbox 360 hooked up to the router, wired. my pc is in my bedroom so i just use the wireless capability on the router and works great. i use tversity media server to stream video and music. works very nicely. had a problem, but when i reinstalled it, it worked fine. must be something with me changing my network setup.

i have winxp pro. the router i got is a netgear 54mbps wireless router. for some reason, the hub wouldn't work, but the router did. not sure why, but don't really care, cause now i don't have wires running throughout my apartment.

-duga-

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  19. animal733

animal733 Member

So I guess TVersity works and none of the other crap M$ tells you to have such as windows media connect, zune, or windows media 11 does anything. So anyone out there who has the same problems might wanna look into this. So far though, I still can't play videos the xbox is saying it's unplayable content. Does anyone know how to fix this?