1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 Modding

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Rudeboi, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Rudeboi

Rudeboi Member

I just got a 360 Halo Edition and I want to Mod it.
    Now from reading, I know I have a BenQ drive.

Is there any tutorials on how to mod it?
    And as well, I want to be able to play online when I mod it.

2. Rudeboi

Rudeboi Member

Sorry.
    As well, I don't want to open up the 360.
    If I have to, I probably will just buy the legit games.

3. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

can't mod without opening up the xbox 360.

4. Rudeboi

Rudeboi Member

Aw shucks.
    Thanks !
    So something like this...

..would make my backups work?

5. pigpen75

pigpen75 Member

Hey bro, Don't Mod. I was modded for about 3 months with my first 360 and played online and it was great. I got banned from live about a month ago and it blows. I sold my modded system and went legit. Its better because I know I'll never get banned and I only play about 2 games anyways so I don't need to buy all those burnt games. I had like 10 games and only played 2. Amazon has tons of cheap 360 games, like 10-15 bucks. Good luck

6. Rudeboi

Rudeboi Member

Hey.
    Thanks man.
    I want to do the whole online thing, I love it with my PS3, and online is where it's at.
    Thanks for the tip.
    I'm probably just going to get the legit games.

7. Skinner2

Skinner2 Guest

LOL, don't kid yourself, Pigpen, you wish you were not banned and weren't afraid of modding it again. I'll keep playing my 40 backups while you play your 2 games. "went legit" -more like you are too scared to mod it again. $15 360 games on Amazon, right 3 year old games maybe. Quit acting like unmodded is the way to go, you just got busted and are trying to convince yourself your two games will keep you entertained.

8. Skinner2

Skinner2 Guest

Rude, don't listen to someone who is mad he got banned. Take a chance and mod it, and if you get banned, at least you can still play your backups. He is just trying to convince himself he likes the unmodded 360 when his wallet says otherwise.

9. mjfouline

mjfouline Guest

U donmy know it agaist the rules to talk about piracy.

also u know if afterdawn wanted they could just give yyour i out tot he cops and your FU(Ked.

and legit is the way. just wait till this kid wants to get on live and he cant cause he banned. then he will think otherwise.

and havein it modded hurts your wallet the most.c cuse when its banned u needa a new console thers 300 down the draina nd say they start bannning dailly then your fucked

10. Skinner2

Skinner2 Guest

deleted by me

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2007
  11. mjfouline

mjfouline Guest

My question is why use backups if u own the originals is it because u donwlaod all your games.

And PLZ dont try to talk your awy out of thinga ll you know is hwo to donwlaod games and read tuts.

thats it.

And if your such a grown up why are u fighting on a forum then.

12. Skinner2

Skinner2 Guest

You know why I don't play my originals? Because my vertical 360 tipped over once and that scratched the disk up and it pissed me off. So I modded it, and just play backups (which is LEGAL according to the Supreme Court) as I don't want my $60 originals messed up if my 360 tips. The vertical position makes my 360 a LOT cooler so leave it that way. Deleted bc of Bhetrick, lol

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2007
  13. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

You do realize Afterdawn is a global community and that English is not everyones primary language. Let's show some luv, man :)

And Rudeboi said LIVE was important, so what sence does it make to say
    We all know noobs with backups and LIVE don't mix.

And honestly, anyone who is playing backups on their 360 is breaking the law. You own the 360, but MS owns the software used to run the 360. That includes the dvd drive firmware.

Xtreme firmware is MS's firmware which has been modified. And I'm willing to bet my dogs left nipple that MS didn't give permission to modify it.

So basically we can own a backup of our games but we can't play them. So remember everyone... no playing backups ;)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  14. Rudeboi

Rudeboi Member

Thank you for saying that.
    If we couldn't get banned, and still play backups, then I would mod, but online is a huge plus for me, all I do is play online with my PS3

15. Skinner2

Skinner2 Guest

16. Skinner2

Skinner2 Guest

LOL, so Bhetrick, after your sermon, you have destroyed all your backups and just play originals now right and unmodded your 360? The Supreme Court determined it is legal for people making backups of games they own, so if you own the games like me, it is allowed. Just don't want a tipped 360 destroying the $60 original.

17. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

No, I argee, under the Fair Use Act we are allowed 1 personal copy. The user has to create the backup on their own (downloading is clearly illegal) and they can't circumvent any copyright protection while making the backup.

With a 360 game, the copy protection isn't bypassed, it's just moved to another location of the disc.

But what I was saying is that it is illegal to play those backups on a 360 which is running modified firmware. MS owns all the software which operates the 360. Some one took MSs code and modified it (xtreme firmware). That is illegal. MS didn't give permission to do so.

So in a nut shell, we can own the backups, we just can't legally play them.