1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 Newb

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by hoef45, Dec 28, 2007.

1. hoef45

hoef45 Member

Just got a 360 for xmas and had a few questions. Can you mod the 360 like the original xbox by replacing the HDD with a larger one and backing your games up to the larger drive? If not then do I need to get the Blaster mod and the latest firmware to play burned games? Thanks in advance!

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

You can flash the dvd drive using modified firmware which will allow you to play backups.
    At the moment you cannot replace the original 360 hard drive, you can connect an external drive and view your pics, listen to music, etc from there, but not possible to change the original hdd, its not possible to backup games onto the hard drive and play them directly from there yet either.

3. hoef45

hoef45 Member

So my best bet rite now is to get the Blaster mod so that I can flash without taking apart over and over again and to buy a DL DVD burner to back up my games?

4. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

If you are going to keep opening the console up, then purchasing the blaster mod will be a good idea as it saves the hassle. But you should find out what dvd drive you have first, because flashing the hitachi v79 is not possible without installing a mod chip.