1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 problem please help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dan3168, Sep 26, 2007.

1. dan3168

dan3168 Guest

hi all im new and really need help i took my 360 to this computer shop near me to day to get it flashed got it home pluged it in turned it on and it was fine no problems turned it off then back on about 1hour later its flashing with 3 red lights any ideas of what could of caused it because i cant understand how it worked fine then i go out come home turn it on and get 3 red lights tryed calling the shop but they were closed for the day

2. steimy

steimy Active member

try unplugging the system, and the hard drive from the main console. Then plug it all back up and start it.

Also just so i know. Did you get YOUR console back? Do you know the serial number where you can check and make 100% sure they did not swap yours out for some console that they did a quick fix on (aka the toweks trick).

3. datwist

datwist Guest

i got hit by lightning for spamming this fine site.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2007
  4. dan3168

dan3168 Guest

yea tryed all of that tryed booting it up20 times yea i took a note of the serial number and that took it back to day sorting it for free but any 1 got any ideas what could of caused this im new to modding and all i was thinking could a bad flah cause it any way i ant got a clue any help please thanks

5. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

The 3 red lights are refered as the red ring of deathh, RROD, as well as other things. It is the reaosn that Microsoft extended their warranty, it is a fault in the system hardware that causes 360's to break. It happens to both modded and unmodded systems on a frequent basis, whic is why they have been upgrading the systems recently. Its a a pretty big problem, has happned to three of my systems, only 2 were modded. Since your warranty is void because you got it modded, you cna look into having it fixed. Their are tuts on how to do it yourself, and also people on eBay (check feedback) who specialize in fixing this, and it costs less then a system. Some local electronics shops may be able to help you fix it as well.