1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 stealth backups questions

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by eido, Oct 19, 2007.

1. eido

eido Member

What id really like explained nice and simply is this: I read that stealth backups are identical to the original, so does that mean they play on a 360 (xbox live) without any modding to the console?

ive been searching around on the forum for about an hour and havent found a clear answer to this question, though I apologize if it has been answered.

2. smileyjim

smileyjim Regular member

No mate .
    It means microsoft can't detect your playing a copied game on live , unfortunately you still need your drive flashed with updated firmware to play a back up weather it be online or offline.

3. eido

eido Member

ok thanks a lot, so if i flash my drive with ixtreme 1.2rev2 and use stealth backups i should be ok to play on live? and how and when might m$ be able to detect that? will there have to be another dashboard update?

4. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

Not all 360's can be flashed so you will need to figure out what dvd rom drive is in your 360 before you move on to the next step

5. eido

eido Member

ok, ive got a compatible drive, but the flashing process looks a little confusing for me, is there a place i can mail my xbox to have it flashed?