1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 Update Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Gullkilla, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Gullkilla

Gullkilla Member

First off love the site, i was recently deployed and this site got me through a lot of things.

Anyways here's the problem...

I purchased a 360 while i was in the dessert and it was modded. Today i came home to play it, and someone in the house tried to go on XBOX live and update the system, now when i turn on the system it tries to update and than reads "can't finish your update contact Microsoft"

Any ideas on how to fix this, I am unsure of what type of mod that was used (firmware or chip) If i flash my drive and load up ixtreme will it start off fresh?

Thanks in advance

2. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

Try taking off the hard drive and then turning the system back on.

3. Gullkilla

Gullkilla Member

at the moment i do not have a hard drive. all i have is a memory stick. is the update saved on the memory stick? can i reformat the stick?

4. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

Unplug the memory stick then. I had this same problem awhile ago. I had to unplug the memory device and reboot and then after it rebooted i pluged memory device back in.

5. Gullkilla

Gullkilla Member

I tried removing the stick and rebooting, still no luck? Any ideas??

6. Gullkilla

Gullkilla Member

A little FYI,

So i broke down and flashed with the current ixtreme, and it booted up normally. I don't know what happened, but i was sitting on a junk xbox for a few weeks now. But the good news is we are back in buisness, thanks sp7ke for helping.