1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 vs 360 v2

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by madspar, Feb 15, 2007.

1. madspar

madspar Guest

I was wondering becouse their going to realse a new 360 with a cooler cpu,hdmi,and a bigger hdd does that mean that if some one on a newer 360 has a bigger chance of winning and well their be a huge differnece in gameplay?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2007
  2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

The new 360 has HDMI, and ipTV, and stuff like that, but I've heard of a larger HDD, but I don't think that will be bundled with the New System yet. M$ just needs to send an update to the Xbox 360 systems, so that the older Xbox's can support Larger HDD's as well. I would think that the new systems would be nice, but I don't really understand what you mean by "winning"?

3. madspar

madspar Guest

like if im playing on a standered premium and against some one on a hdmi premium with all those bonuses well that mean that i have the same amount of chance of killing him as he has of me like h3 for an example....

4. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

when is this new 360 being released? or is it just hearsay?

and will M$ do the honorable thing, and replace current units?

5. superphil

superphil Member

I think it's unfair to claim that MS would be being dishonourable if they don't give you a new console in return for your old one.
    When a new version of your GFX card comes out, do you expect nVidia or whoever to send you that out?

6. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

yea i just hope ms sends out an update for all the older boxes so that itll have all the same capabilities as the old one cause if they didnt that would be unfair to all the old 360 owners

7. madspar

madspar Guest

yea the hdd and the iptv would be nice i just got a 360!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope its updatable..

8. madspar

madspar Guest

If ms doesn't make the features upgradeable a lot of people are going to go to sony if they dont make it upgradeable...

9. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I've read about it, and M$ says, that they won't leave the Old Xbox 360's out in the Dust... They said something about making it work with the old 360's...

10. madspar

madspar Guest

thats a relife

11. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

If M$ do release these V2s, then they should allow old 360 owners to exchange their old hard-drives for the 160 gig ones for a small fee. They should also set up a system where we can send the consoles off for the HDMI cables if desired, but I doubt anything will be done about the cooler CPUs- I guess we'll just have to either like it or lump it.

12. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I was on Maxconsole just now, and they have confirmed things about the "NEW" Xbox 360. Go the this website, and you can read a quote about it.
    It will cost $479.99, and it comes with a 120GB HDD.

13. ajpole

ajpole Member

The console doesn't need updating to support larger hdd's it's the actual signature on the hdd itself.

14. madspar

madspar Guest

Well the newer hdd cost a lot? and well this upgrade give the new 360 an advantage on xbox live?

15. ahhhhhhh

ahhhhhhh Guest

they just trying to compete with sony. the first 360 that came out overheated the newer ones are ok and as for the even newer ones with hdmi and bigger hdd - how the hel is that gonna make someone better at a game than you????? if you change your socks can u run faster?

16. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I can run faster with different socks... Anyways, I don't think this is going to make it different when Playing on Xbox Live. The only thing that I've heard about the new HDD's, is that it only comes with the new systems. I haven't heard anything (as of yet) of the price when it comes by itself!

17. inline

inline Member

"well this upgrade give the new 360 an advantage on xbox live?"

Duhh off course not.
    Or wIll it be able to shoot one bullet more in an hour?
    The games for both 360's are the same so what do you think.

The smaller version of the ps2 didnt gave people an advantage on live.

Same games, same play.

I'm sorry to say you're a dumbass.

18. madspar

madspar Guest

But i read some were that their shipping new 360 with quieter dvd drives that buffer a bit faster.. and i read something on ms that they said the hdd for the 360 well be upgradeable thates why their removable.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2007