1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 won't play rented games

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by prestosj, Jan 14, 2007.

1. prestosj

prestosj Member

I have the xbox 360 without the hard drive and it won't play blockbuster video rental games. Anyone else have this problem? I took games back to the store and replaced the 360 twice. The salesmen at the store said they have no idea why the xbox 360 will not play rented games. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. johnblaze

johnblaze Regular member

What kind of error are you getting? Mine plays games fine unless they are scratched too badly, also, make sure they didn't accidentally give you an original xbox game (or one from another console), that happened to me once too and it was one that was not bc supported.

3. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

That is very odd! What type of error code did you get?

4. prestosj

prestosj Member

Error message says "disc unreadable" or "put disc in xbox 360 console". It is a new xbox 360 but without the harddrive. When my buddy puts the rented games in his xbox 360 with the harddrive, the games work fine. I'm thinking of buying the hard drive.

The only games I tried to rent are just for 360, not origional xbox.
    Thanks

5. johnblaze

johnblaze Regular member

sounds like the disk is too scratched up

6. prestosj

prestosj Member

Eureka! We cleaned the heck out of it and it worked...we'll see for how long. Thanks for your help.

7. emachine

emachine Guest

wonder why it would read on his but not yours?

8. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

i very much doubt it had anything to do with the fact that the games are rented so i guess its probably just a case of scratched discs like everyone else was saying

9. johnblaze

johnblaze Regular member

Glad you got it working, enjoy your 360 :)

10. jvoss10

jvoss10 Member

I am having the exact same problem, I rent a game from blockbuster no scratches disc looks fine and it says something along the line of enter 360 game into console. I put in my halo disc thats pretty worn and it plays fine. I've taken this rented games back and the same problem with the new rented games. I've never had a problem before and some of the titles I've rented before won't even work. The clerk at the store says his Xbox 360 is having the same issue!

11. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Come on guys we all know that rented games are the same as retail games their just being rented at a rental store. It doesn't matter if it's rented or not, this is not a software issue it's a hardware issue meaning your 360's DVD ROM drive is the source of the problme. The only way it could be the disk is if it's scratched or dirty other than that to say it's because it's rented is plain dumb.