1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3D MKV Side by Side

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by murph99, Oct 14, 2012.

1. murph99

murph99 Member

Is it possible to burn a 3D side by side mkv file onto a BD-R 25GB blu-ray disc?

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

I would imagine so its just a disc that holds data, I don't know for sure but I can't see why not , obviously the player would have to support MKV

3. murph99

murph99 Member

I want to convert the MKV file to a 3D blu-ray format disc.

4. smoggie66

smoggie66 Regular member

tsmuxer will convert mkv to bluray and its free but have you ever thought of just getting a media player like xtreamer sidewinder 3 which plays full 3d iso files aswell as mkv sbs , it also has a movie juke box and auto dowloads the covers for u, it will save you in the long run as buying bd disks is pritty expensive it s just a thought.

5. murph99

murph99 Member

I want to burn them for my father in law. Once I convert them using txmuxer how do I burn them with Nero?

6. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

converting mkv to bluray will give you poor quality as they are different formats, bluray to mkv is decent quality, mkv is like mp3 when mp3 came out "re-encoding the not important parts" if you wish. UP THE BORO

7. smoggie66

smoggie66 Regular member

they will be as good as the mkv source just convert mkv to m2ts tnen make blu ray then use image burn to make iso

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  8. murph99

murph99 Member

Won't the video play as a side by side file instead of as a 3D blu-ray format?

9. smoggie66

smoggie66 Regular member

it should play sbs same as the source file use tsmuxer to convert mkv to m2ts then use nero to make blu ray or bd image,blu ray is just the stucture of the disk m2ts is the stream , most bluray movies use m2ts even 3d. the only problem i can see if your father in law s bluray player cant play 3rd party disks.

10. murph99

murph99 Member

I burned one for him in the past and he said the video played side by side in his blu ray player. I think he has a Samsung 3D blu ray player. I'll have to check with him to find the model number.

11. smoggie66

smoggie66 Regular member

ye it will come up side by side he most press 3d on tv remote to view in 3d

12. murph99

murph99 Member

Why doesn't he have to press anything on his projector when he views store copies of 3D blu ray disks. Is there a common place for this button on projectors. I'm not as familiar with 3D as I do not have a 3D television or projector.

13. smoggie66

smoggie66 Regular member

he most tell the tv 3d to play sbs some tvs may have auto its like if i watch sky 3d it will come up sbs there are a few others like top and bottom ect.. anyway if i press 3d on remote it will play as 1 picture in 3d just a bit blurry till i put glasses on . by the way can his projector handle sbs? because most oraiginal 3d bluerays movies arnt sbs it usualy a rip or used by tv channles.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012