1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3DS Games Download for Hacked 3DS (Without a Flashcard)?

Discussion in 'Nintendo 3DS' started by GreenMinishCap, May 7, 2015.

1. GreenMinishCap

GreenMinishCap Newbie

Do you guys know if there is any way to 3ds games downloaded on my 3ds without the need for 3ds flashcards? Specifically, I was wondering if there is a way to run 3ds roms without sky3ds or gateway because those 3ds flashcards tend to be really expensive (a lot more than the 3ds r4 cards which are limited only to ds games).

I followed the tutorial on this site, and so far so good:
    3DS Hack With eShop Game - No Flashcard Needed

A buddy of mine followed the same tutorial and showed me Pokemon X and Y running on his 3DS. I thought it was awesome how he was able to run 3ds roms on his 3ds without a r4 3ds card or any type of 3ds flashcard.

Is there any way I can do the same thing? I really want to download 3ds games on my 3ds, and I don't want to wait like 5 more years for a 3ds emulator to come out.

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

It is possible, but only with a handfull of games (Pokemon X and Y, Super Smash Bros, Super Mario 3D Land and some more). You need a CIA installer (FBI will do) and so-called legid .cia files, meaning they have to be originally downloaded from the e-shop (not by you, but by the releaser) instead of being ripped from cards and then converted into .cia files. This is because Ninjax doesn't have kernel access. Also as of yet, this won't work on Ninjax 2.0 (no AP access), meaning you have to be on firmware 9.20 or lower to use Ninjax 1.0.

3. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

A lot has changed, since my last post in July 21, 2015. Now downgrading your 3ds (and also your N3DS, but that's riskier) is possible (and quite easy, actually) and RXTools has come out, playing any games on your 3ds without a flashcard is easily possible now.
    Downgrading:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu-QSZKBJ64

Installing RXTools:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxP2kIt68OQ

This TOTALLY eliminates the need for a 3DS-Flashcard, atm I am installing Super Smash Brothers 3D. The 3DS completely hacked, the WiiU open and the PS4 open too, all in all not a good winter for console producers.