1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3in1 Expansion Pack working?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by nexusg, Feb 10, 2008.

1. nexusg

nexusg Member

I'm new here, so hello to all.
    I just got a 3in1 in order to play GBA games and I'm trying to get it to work with my M3DS Real. When I select Rudolf's ExpPack Tool, it says "3in1 expansion pack not found Please redo from start (A): Confirm". Is there a way to find out if the 3in1 Expansion Pack is actuallyworking? What's suppose to happen when only the 3in1 is inserted without a Slot 1 device?

2. nexusg

nexusg Member

Hello,is anybody there...?
    Could someone with an EZFlash 3 in 1 Expansion Pack tell me what happens when the DS is turned on? I'm trying to figure out if the 3 in 1 is broken.

3. TrypWyr

TrypWyr Guest

Nexusg,

I feel your pain... I tried asking pretty much this same question a couple weeks ago with no responses. Sorry to say, I ended up getting the GBA Expansion pack from DealExtreme for about $20.

The good news is it works flawlessly for me and no more save issues like I was seeing with the 3in1 (nothing like getting 3 hours into Link to the Past and then losing all that work!).

Sorry, I know that's not much help... good luck!

TrypWyr

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2008
  4. kmjt3112

kmjt3112 Guest

i would help but i have an m3 real gba expansion pak not the ez flash so i cant help sorry mate

5. nexusg

nexusg Member

Thanks for the responses. I'm in the process of returning the 3in1 to DealExtreme and was wondering which GBA Expansion pack you got, TrypWyr? I searched the site and only found the EZFlash 3in1 Expansion Pack--the one I have.

I still don't know if the 3in1 is acually defective, I just can't get the DS to recognize it. What happens to yours (TrypWyr, kmjt3112) when only the expansion pack is inserted?

6. kmjt3112

kmjt3112 Guest

well, i have m3 real gba expansion. Nothing happens when the gba is just inserted, well you can boot it but just the gameboy advance rainbow sign comes up with a chime nothing else abit like a gba with no game inside. Is that what your question meant?
    personally i would get the m3 real with the gba expansion pak it works for me, just remember if you take out the exp pak and boot the ds the last gba game you played will have its save deleted so remember to boot a game you dont care about before you plan on removing the pak. regards

7. TrypWyr

TrypWyr Guest

Nexusg,

When I originally tried the 3in1 the Real wouldn't recognize it directly, I still had to use Rudolph's tool. Then it would see it just like it always had, with the exception of the Rumble/Ram screen.

I ordered the M3 Real GBA expansion pack here:
    http://www.realhotstuff.com/expansion-pack-real-p-266.html

I apologize, I told you DealExtreme previously, I actually purchased it from RealHotStuff.com. The shipping was really good, price wasn't too bad. I paid a little more to get my Real, then the GBA pack seperate than I would've paid for them together from a single retailer, but it was worth it.

Good luck, let me know if I can help in any way!

TrypWyr