1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3x DVD burners, 3x different -R media but no success - Help!

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by tiger347, Feb 15, 2007.

1. tiger347

tiger347 Guest

Hello

I've got a 'bang-your-head-against-a-brick-wall' problem, can anyone help???

I initially bought a Samsung Writemaster SH182D and firmware upgraded it to SB02 as per instructions. The drive read professional DVDs, home-made dvds from other computers and cds, but would not read the DVDs that it burnt! The DVDs it burnt could be read on other computers... I returned the drive to samsung. They sent a DIFFERENT one back, same model but different Serial Number = same problem. I was using Nero express OEM with this. I also tried a couple of other free-burning software from Download.com but only Nero actually completed the burning process.

I couldn't find a solution, we bought a different drive, a NEC AD5170A model and again using Nero Express, will read, won't write properly, doesn't complete the burning process properly. Tried using Nero Ultra 6 version instead of Express, no improvement!

Using Datawrite discs, have previously tried another branded disc.

It doesn't appear to be a writer problem, nor a nero problem, nor a media problem, so it's the computer surely? any suggestions?

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

So which drive are you using at the moment?

Also, post the log of your LAST failed burn here for me to look at.