1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4.3 Virgin Softmod Guide

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by RastaDave, Jun 30, 2010.

1. RastaDave

RastaDave Regular member

From WiiHacks
    link to original post

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. RastaDave

RastaDave Regular member

GBAtemp confirms it working too .

original link --->

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  4. RastaDave

RastaDave Regular member

Another guide for those having Wii remote issues
    Again from WiiHacks

original link -----> http://www.wiihacks.com/general-homebrew-hack-issues/62171-4-3-virgin-softmod-guide.html

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  5. mixTown

mixTown Member

hey have tried this a dozen times and it never gets past

Select "Multi_MOD_Manager.dol" - Press A
    -[MMM] Multi-Mod-Manager loads

just goes black and stops - like I said have done it about a dozen times.

I have a hard moded wii running 4.3 and really i just want the usb functionality so i can use an external HDD to play games... do I need to run MMM at all?

Thanks for the help!

6. RastaDave

RastaDave Regular member

7. mixTown

mixTown Member

Thanks I did read that, that is why I tried a dozen times. My real question is: with a hard mod can I skip all that and just load up the usb HDD support? and if yes how?

Thanks again.

8. RastaDave

RastaDave Regular member

I am not experienced with hard mods . You should make a new discussion asking that question . If you had a way to load homebrew apps from the hard mod I would say yes but usb loaders use custom ios . So I dont see how thats possible . You should really start a new discussion maybe you will get better info on that subject .

9. mucktar

mucktar Member

ok i have tried for hours on end to get ios 41 to work. this is the steps i have taken. i load smash and go to map maker. it blacks out and goes to the screen where we press a and then all the stuff on the sd loads showing multi mod manager i go in their and when i go to look for iso 41 in the iso manager it is greyed and when i go to load it in the iso loader it just aint their. i can not get a straight answer and a way to fix this. if you can be kind and help me i would more than be thankful. this is the guide im following(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jOTYFjcERY)

10. RastaDave

RastaDave Regular member

Where did you get your 4.3fix package from ? Try downloading ios41 using NUSD and replace it with the one in your sd card .

11. MartyWii

MartyWii Member

I tried installing usb loader (uLoader) a few weeks ago and when I tried to run it, it said "error: you need cios222 and/or cios249 to work!!". So I looked on the web and someone said to upgrade the firmware so that it would work wih my ios. I upgraded to 4.3e and when I rebooted the homebrew channel was missing and couldn't get back into usb loader. If I follow the Indiana PWNS method above, will the home channel reappear? and will I need to do step 2 onwards as well? or is this only for those who choose option 2.

12. MartyWii

MartyWii Member

I tried installing usb loader (uLoader) a few weeks ago and when I tried to run it, it said "error: you need cios222 and/or cios249 to work!!". So I looked on the web and someone said to upgrade the firmware so that it would work wih my ios. I upgraded to 4.3e and when I rebooted the homebrew channel was missing and couldn't get back into usb loader. If I follow the Indiana PWNS method above, will the home channel reappear? and will I need to do step 2 onwards as well? or is this only for those who choose option 2.
    I m new to all this so someof this doesn't make much sense. sorry.

13. RastaDave

RastaDave Regular member

You may have misunderstood . You were supposed to update/install custom ios to us a usbloader . Since you updated to 4.3 it wipes and prevents HomeBrewChannel to be installed using banner bomb method . At the moment 4.3 is only mod-able using ssbb or lij method . It is not recommended for inexperienced modders . I would suggest to wait for a easier method to be released be for trying to re-mod you console .

14. gaupto

gaupto Member

I succesfully softmodded my 4.3u wii using the "[HMN] Wii 4.3 Hack Pack" guide.

my question for anyone is can i Downgrade to System Menu 4.2 instead of to System Menu 4.1 in step #5 then use the Ultimate.Wii.4.2.Softmod.Guide.And.All.Software.rar. Also since I already went to system 4.1u can I upgrade to 4.2 then use the ultimate wii uide?

15. RastaDave

RastaDave Regular member

Just curious why do you want SM 4.2 . Also I dont think it recomended . It could possible brick your wii .

from Wiihacks

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  16. gaupto

gaupto Member

I have softmodded several wii's using the "Ultimate Wii 4.2 Softmod Guide" and was doing another one for a friend not knowing that 4.3u was out so I used the "[HMN] Wii 4.3 Hack Pack" to downgrade to 4.1u and installed the softmod without no problem using the smash bros method. I am used to the way the ultimate wii boots everything after the install
    so would like to continue using it.

17. RastaDave

RastaDave Regular member

Im sure any apps you are trying to run will run on 4.1

18. akmj19

akmj19 Member

THE DOWNLOAD LINK NO WORK!!!

19. akmj19

akmj19 Member

THE DOWNLOAD LINK NO WORK!!!

20. upsbrown

upsbrown Member

Ok I have a question: What is [HMN] and if possible to downgrade from 4.3 to 4.1 using the virgin softmod guide can't i just update using Super Mario Galaxy 2 to get to 4.2 and just follow Larry's guide to softmodding 4.2 without bricking a wii? Or do i need to follow a few steps after downgrading to 4.1 before continuing to 4.2? Thank you much. and RastaDave can i also get some input on your behalf? thx again.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  21. RastaDave

RastaDave Regular member

Gaupto screwed up while posting the link he hit the link button and when entering the url he put http twice and thats why his link doesnt work . Any way this is the link to the HMN deal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jOTYFjcERY . He has all the links in the video description . For some reason the video is not working . It obviously works to downgrade but you could run into problems later if a new update comes out or if you try to upgrade past 4.1 which in turn could brick your Wii . If you are goning to try to mod 4.3 stick to Wiihacks method .

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010